✞Chapter 12✞

Ashers POV
"Done!... Let's go meet your parents..." I said, nervously, slipping my nirvana high tops on. Letting it sink in that I was meeting the man I loves, parents.

"Let's go meet my parents." He repeated.

We got into the large matte black jeep with no doors. I always loved this car because I love the feeling of the warm wind on my face.

I made sure to check all the landmarks as we drove by, trying to take my mind off of the next thing to happen.

Sooner then I thought it would be we were at Romans house... I'll probably have to call him Joe...

"Do I gotta call you Joe cos your parents call you Joe?" I asked

He shook his head. "You can if you want but my mom doesn't call me Joe, she calls me Leati... My dad calls me Joe." He told me, I nodded, making a note in my brain to call him Joe.

"Ima call you Joe... It would be so awkward calling you Roman around your parents." I said and he just chuckled sweetly as we pulled into the driveway.

I smiled trying to hide my nervousness, he grabbed my hands and kissed the tip of every finger. "They'll love you!" He promised, and I just took a deep breath and kissed him, deeply and passionately. Once we pulled apart he sighed.

"Let's go..." He said and I nodded. Letting go of his hand and getting out of the car, soon reattaching our hands.

As we walked up to the door I take one last deep breath, feeling my heart tug, and Roman, lightly kissed my forehead and knocked on the door.

Seconds later there was a lady at the door.

"LEATI!" She yelled. I figured it was his mother by what she called him.

She looked over and smiled at me. "You must be Asher!" She said smiling at me and pulling me into her for a hug. She hugged me before Roman. Her hugs were warm and soft, like Romans hugs.

I could feel the love In her hug, even though she didn't know me very well she has accepted me.

A larger Samoan man appeared in my view once Romans mother let go of me and hugged Roman.

He walked toward me and hugged me. His hugs were different, he hugged tight and rough, he obviously hasn't accepted me like his wife had, probably because he doesn't know I'm Samoan yet.

He lets go and smiles at me widely, a generous, warm yet strong smile.

I smiled back and grabbed Romans hand again as he finished hugging his parents. He smiled at me and we walked inside, I followed Roman around like a lost puppy, but wanting to be away from him when I was around his parents.

We didn't really do much, I followed Roman around as he showed me around the property. Until dinner when his mother called us in. We sat at the dinner table and got into a deep conversation.

"So, let's know more about you!" His father said, directed at me. I looked over at Roman and he nodded.

"Um... My father is Samoan and my mother is Irish. I was born and raised in Calgary Alberta and yeah... I think that's it." I noticed how his fathers face lifted slightly when I said my father is Samoan.

"Your father is Samoan?" He asked, I nodded.

"Yes, but my mothers looks took over I guess." I said, they laughed and I giggled lightly.

I looked over to Roman again, wanting to make sure I didn't say anything bad. He was smiling at me, just staring and I blushed, looking toward my lap.

"How old are you?" His mother asked.

"She is 17..." Roman said, his parents gawked. "Almost 18." He said. And I nodded.

I got extremely scared when they didn't say anything and when I looked up to Roman I could tell he was feeling the same way.

"Son, she is a minor." His father said.

"I know dad, her birthday is on January 16th... She will only be a minor for a few more weeks and that isn't too long, we haven't messed around and we won't until it's right." He told his father and I went red when he said "messed around." His mother noticed and smiled at me.

His mother and father looked at each other and his mom smiled and nodded.

"Okay." They said at the same time and I smiled at my lap, letting a deep breath out.

And Roman smiled at his parents brightly.

After we finished eating he decided to take me somewhere as a surprise.

Their property was huge, and I haven't even seen it all yet.

I was blindfolded and Roman was carrying me. I started to hear wakes crashing and cattails slowly moving in the wind. I loved the sound.

He eventually put me down and pulled off the blindfold, but told me to keep my eyes closed.

He wrapped his arms around my torso and started kissing my neck lightly, he kissed from the back of my shoulder to my ear.

"Open." He whispered as I opened my eyes to the most beautiful lake ever. He kept kissing my neck and I turned around, kissing his lips.

He pressed on my inner knee and motioned for me to jump, so I did and he carried me back toward a swing set.

He set me down and we kissed for a few more minutes before he just held me as we watched the sun set.

"This has always been my favourite place growing up." He told me.

"I can see why." I said, looking around.

"We better start heading back." He said, I nodded and he got up first, helping me get up.

I smiled and we walked back to his lovely home and greeted his parents. We spent the rest of the time just talking about our past and what Roman was like as a kid.

I love this man so much!