Chapter 7

“So, Skye, tell me about yourself,” Zeth said, leaning back in the black bean bag chair he was currently sitting in.

I rose an eyebrow. “Why should I?”

“Why not?” he retorted.

“I hate vampires, I don’t want to be here, vampires ruined my life, and I am now considered and treated as a slave instead of a free human being like I would be treated as, if bloody vampires hadn’t come into my life,” I snapped, flashing a glare at him.

Zeth grinned at Blaze. “I like her!”

Both mine and Blaze’s jaws fell open. “What?”

He looked taken aback by our reactions. “What do you mean ‘What’?”

“How do you like… that?” Blaze sneered, disgusted.

“She’s not a that or an it, she’s a she, a girl, and your slave. Plus she’s a human which means you’ll have to be a lot more gentle with her than with some of your other slaves,” Zeth replied, then his eyes widened as though he just told his best friend’s secret. “I… I mean… uh…”

“Zeth!” Blaze hissed.

“What happened to your other slaves?” I prodded curiously.

He glared at Zeth. “Nothing,” he answered curtly.

My eyebrow rose. “O…kay?” I turned to Zeth. “By the way, you’re a lot smarter than you look.”

He smirked at me. “Why, thank you, madam!”

I shook my head with a small smile playing on my lips. “How in the world did you get her to smile?” Blaze asked, dumbfounded.

“Simple. He didn’t act like you,” I snickered, smirking.

He glared at me, his red eyes like a burning fire. “Oh? And how do I act?”
I leaned back in my black bean bag. “Like an arrogant, conceited, egotistical asshole who thinks he knows everything and is better than everyone. He only cares about himself, and if it doesn’t involve  him he doesn’t care. He thinks he can get any girl he wants, too. But that’s a massive joke.”

Blaze’s upper lip curled back in a snarl. “Care to repeat that, slave?” he growled, spitting out ‘slave’ like poison.

My smirk widened. “Sure. Like an arrogant, concei-“

I was cut off as Blaze lunged at me, knocking me onto my back on the ground. He had me pinned with a hand around my throat and the other holding both of my hands above my head as he straddled my waist. His eyes were a dark, glowing red, anger flaring up in them.

“Get off of me!” I snarled.

“You disrespectful, arrogant, big-headed bitch!” he shouted, tightening his grip on my throat.