Chapter 25

As soon as the Queen said those words we all sat back up and leaned forward, staring at her intently. The King motioned. "Go on, dear."

"My friend is a witch and she says she is fearful. She claims there are signs about the realm of a deadly spell that a witch or wizard can only cast with the help of a vampire. She believes Skye and Rosie are needed for it, but she warned me we are all in danger."

"Did she say why they're needed?" Blaze asked.

The Queen sighed, a look of disgust and sorrow in her eyes. "They need the heart of a young human child. And they need a human female with the strength and endurance to open a portal."

"A portal?"

"It's not just any portal," she warned. "It's a portal to the Underworld. To Hell."

We all exchanged confused and anxious glances, no one quite sure how to take the information.

"Why?" Zeth asked, bringing our attention back to the Queen.

She shrugged. "She doesn't know. She says it's usually attempted by those who want power. Bring in the help of the Underworld and you'll be unstoppable."

"Astia, please invite your witch friend to the castle. We are going to need her help," the King decided before taking a sip of his drink. It looked like wine but I knew it was probably blood.

"Way ahead of you, dear. She's on her way as we speak. She said she needed to pack and grab a few things and should be here by tomorrow evening at the latest. She's also trying to find more information," the Queen informed us.

The King nodded and we all went back to our food. However, this time we were all quiet as we thought about what the Queen said.

---------------------------------------------

"I just don't understand why they need you and Rosie. I mean, there are several human children and women. Why you guys?" Blaze asked as he paced at the foot of the bed.

I sat cross-legged on the bed, watching him walk back and forth. "Tylek was awfully quiet tonight," I said softly, not having an answer to his question.

"I know he has a part in this. He's probably the vampire helping to cast the spell!" he accused, running a hand through his hair.

Finally getting fed up with him, I got up and stood in front of him, blocking his pacing pathway. "Stop stressing."

He shook his head. "I can't. You're in danger."

With a raised eyebrow I questioned, "Then shouldn't I be the one stressing?" When he said nothing, I continued, "Look, the witch will be here tomorrow. We can get all the information but until we know what we're up against there's nothing we can do."

Blaze grabbed me in a hug and rested his head on top of mine. "I know. You're right. Let's just have some us time."

A grin stretched across my face as I looked up at him. He smiled back down before leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. My arms slid around his neck, pulling him closer. I felt his arms around my waist tighten and he deepened the kiss, licking my lower lip for entrance. When I denied him access he bit down gently and took the advantage of my gasp to slide his tongue into my mouth.

I made the mistake of moaning as our tongues met. It caused him to let out a lust-filled growl and use his vampire speed to pin me down on the bed. His lips left mine to trail down my neck, biting and sucking along the way. When he got to my sweet spot a low moan escaped my lips again and my hips slightly bucked against him.

"Don't do that, Angel," he grunted, lifting his head to meet my gaze.

"It's your own fault," I huffed, slightly out of breath.

He buried his head in my neck. "If we don't stop now I don't think I'll be able to later."

"I don't think that'd be a bad thing," I chuckled. "But not tonight."

Blaze flopped down next to me and I rolled onto my side to face him, propping my head up on my elbow. "It's been a while since you've had a nightmare."

"Yeah. I've just gotten over it. I mean, it's not like it was the first time. It was just the first time out of the Center," I said softly, not meeting his gaze.

My face was forced to turn so I was staring at him. "But it's the last time."

Giving a small smile, I leaned down and gave him a quick peck on the lips before saying, "So what do you think Zeth and Isabella are doing with Rosie?"

Blaze shrugged. "Who knows."

Before I could respond the door slammed open and a blur came running in and hid behind the bed. A couple seconds later Isabella and Rosie came running in.

"Zeth!" Rosie whined, pouting dramatically.

"What's going on?" I asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.

Rosie gave me a sad, pleading look. Isabella just gave a devious smile. "Rosie really wanted to paint Zeth's nails, but he ran off."

Blaze and I peered over the side of the bed to see Zeth siting with his legs pulled to his chest, rocking himself back and forth slightly. My boyfriend and I looked at each other before we burst out laughing.

Once we calmed down Blaze asked, "What color?"

Rosie held up a bright blue. "I was at least nice enough to not choose pink."

Isabella crept onto the bed and put a finger to her lips for silence. Then, letting out a war cry, jumped on top of Zeth. He yelped as she crushed him, effectively pinning him with her weight, though with his vampire strength it'd be no problem.

"You crazy woman!" he shouted.

"You rude boy!" she retorted, whacking him in the head. "You made the kid sad."

"I'm not letting her paint my nails!"

"Rosie," I spoke up, motioning for her. "Why don't we leave Uncle Zeth alone for now, okay? I'm sure Aunt Isabella wouldn't mind."

Isabella gave me a quick glare before smiling at the eight year old. "Of course I wouldn't."

Rosie's blue eyes sparkled. "Really?"

Isabella shook her head. "Not at all."

So everyone ended up lounging in mine and Blaze's room talking and laughing and Isabella got her nails painted. It was nice to be with friends and get our minds off the current situation.

When we all decided to get to bed, Rosie had fallen asleep against me. "I'll take her," Zeth offered but I shook my head.

I carried Rosie to her room and placed her under the covers of her bed. After I tucked her in, I kissed her forehead gently and whispered, "Goodnight, Rosie."

When I turned to leave I heard a faint, "Skye?"

Turning around, I saw Rosie looking at me with heavy eyes. "Yes?"

"Can.. Can I call you mommy?" she asked quietly.

I stood, shocked by the question. I knew she'd always seen us as her family but I wasn't exactly sure what to say. Even though she called Zeth uncle and Isabella aunt, I'd never thought about it.

"Sure, baby. You can do that," I answered with a smile. "Now get some sleep."

She nodded before closing her eyes, and I left the room silently.

----------------------------------------------
I was going to make it a bit longer but decided this was a good place to end.
Clearly relationships are getting stronger and people are getting closer. Future chapters are going to bring some shocking twists!
Hope you guys enjoy the new chapter.
-Azzeria