Chapter 3

Blaze smirked at me. No, I should say Prince Blaze. Why the fucking hell would a royal vampire buy a troublesome slave like myself? I have no idea. But I'm definitely planning on finding out.

"I have my reasons," Blaze stated.

I glared at him. Mind reader.

"Damn right. That means no escaping for you," he taunted.

"Watch. I'll find a way," I spat back, fighting against his two men that were holding me back.

Blaze walked right up until he was inches from me. "I'd like to see you try, slave."

Rage exploded in me, and I lunged at him, ripping myself out of the hold I was in. The two men lost their grip on me, and I was able to knock Blaze down with me on top. As soon as he made impact with the ground, I rolled off, not wanting it to be awkward. I stayed in a crouch next to him as he got up from the ground, throwing a death glare in my direction. The two guards picked me back up, holding me more tightly. They had such a hard grasp that I could feel the bruises forming on my arms.

"Don't doubt me," I snarled, glaring daggers. "You have no idea what I'm capable of."

"And nor you, me," he replied, motioning for his guards to follow as he walked out the door.

They opened the heavy metal doors for him, and bright sunlight shined in. I squeezed my eyes shut against the bright light before blinking them open again. I haven't been in the sun for over a year. Looking down at myself, I was almost as pale as the vampires, and my hair was dull. Closing my eyes again, I briefly remembered before I was taken. My skin was nicely tanned and smooth. My hair was a nice golden color in the sunlight, always shiny and glossy, but I didn't have the black in my hair then. No, the monsters who took me put it in my hair for all the trouble I was. I didn't fight back when they didn't, much to their surprise. I knew I'd never be the same again, never go back to the life I had before. If my life was changing, why not change with it? The black shows I'm trouble. It also shows I'm filled with hate and anger. But what no one knows was that when I was alone, and no one was around to hear me, I would cry. I was depressed. In fact, I purposely let the chains on my wrists cut me.

"Hurry up!" Blaze called from ahead. The guards dragged me along, and I didn't fight back. What can I say? I'm lazy. "Looks like you lost all the fight you had in you, huh?"

From the sound of his voice I could tell his head was right above my bowed one. I whipped my head up, smashing it into his jaw. He immediately moved his head back, slightly rubbing his jaw. My head was killing me, but I ignored the pain as I glared at him.

"I will always fight," I seethed.

A smirk formed on his lips. "I hope that's a promise."

"Trust me," I snarled, "it is."

He bent down and whispered in my ear, "Then I can't wait to see how you are in bed."

My eyes widened, and I lunged at him. I kept fighting even though I was held back. "You disgusting pervert! As if I'd ever sleep with a fucking asshole like you."

Blaze laughed as he climbed into the back of a limo. His guards shoved me into the car. Literally. I fell on the floor at Blaze's feet, who was still laughing and laughed even harder when I appeared in front of him on the floor. Gritting my teeth in anger, I rolled onto my back before sitting up. My hands were still handcuffed behind my back, and it was starting to hurt my arms. I shrugged. They've had worse. Much worse.

"So, tell me about yourself," Blaze said as he leaned back in his seat.

I snorted, not saying anything.