Chapter 13

Skye’s POV

I stared down at his peaceful face, looking so innocent while he slept. His arms were still wrapped around me, and my head was using his chest as a pillow. I would have moved by now, but it was so warm and comfortable I just couldn’t wake up enough to do so. For some reason his naturally cold skin felt warm and somewhat safe, if that makes sense considering we hate each other. At least I think we hate each other because that kiss says other wise.

A sigh escaped my lips. That kiss. It should have never happened. Yes, like he said, it was amazing. Sparks, definitely, and there was just something in it that made me want to kiss him again. I wanted it to never end. It was a perfect moment that I wish I could have frozen in time and just stayed there.

“Get a hold of yourself, Skye,” I muttered, casting another look at Blaze’s face to make sure he was still asleep. Seeing that his breathing hadn’t changed, I slipped out of his arms, still wearing his clothes. But I could only try because his arms tightened around me.

“And where do you think you’re going?” a voice whispered in my ear, his cool breath hitting my skin and sending shivers up and down my body.

Not meeting his gaze, I replied, “I should get going, Blaze. This shouldn’t have happened. I’m a slave, you’re a prince vampire. This is wrong.”

“No, it’s not. We’re just sleeping,” he argued.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. Can he not see what’s happening? “This is something that can never be, Blaze! You know that,” I retorted, meeting his eyes with my furious ones. “It can’t happen. Now let me go.”

“And what is something else happens?” he challenged. “I promised I’d keep you safe.”

“And you can do that without us being anything more than what we’re supposed to be,” I snapped, glaring.

Blaze stared at me. “We broke down crying in front of each other, and you’re saying that meant nothing to you? The fact I shared with you some of my past that rarely anyone knows?”

“I appreciate what you did, Blaze,” I answered more calmly, “but that doesn’t change anything between us.”

Escaping his grasp, I walked out of his room and aimlessly around. No one was out in the corridors so I met no one as I found a lounge that seemed to be a music room with various instruments and sound systems. My lips twitched as I caught sight of a guitar. I used to play the guitar before I was taken, and I was one of the best, too. So I walked over and picked it up, running my fingers over the chords and my eyes closing with memories. I made sure it was tuned before playing random chords and different finger picking patterns, creating my own little songs with no lyrics.

I was so lost in the music that I didn’t hear someone enter until the were right in front of me and cleared their throat. My head snapped up instantly, panic rising as the first thought that came to my mind was that they were back for me, that this time they would take me away for their own pleasure and possibly kill me. To say I was relieved to see a familiar blonde and black haired vampire was an understatement.