Chapter 23

I watched as Blaze paced back in forth at the foot of our bed. His fists were clenched, his body tensed, and I was surprised steam wasn’t coming out of his ears. He had been like this ever since he had gotten back from speaking with the King and Tylek in the King’s Office. Did I know what happened? Of course I didn’t. But whatever it was, Blaze clearly wasn’t happy about it.

“I can’t believe he got away with this!” the Prince snarled.

No sound came from me. I knew he just needed to rant, to find a way to release his anger. Talking to him wouldn’t help. It would most likely just rile him up more.

“I’m going to kill the little twerp,” he hissed.

Then he turned his flaming red eyes to look at me. I tried my best to keep a cool composure, but on the inside I was terrified. I didn’t know what he was going to do. He was mad and irrational, add the look he was giving me, and I didn’t have a clue what was going through his head. It took all my willpower not to flinch as he started to move closer to me. I forced myself to stay still, never taking my eyes off of him.

He brought his hand up and caressed my cheek softly. Then he placed his forehead against mine. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered, looking straight into my gold eyes.

My eyebrows shot up. Out of all the possible scenarios I could’ve come up with, that was not one of them. “I’m beautiful?”

“You’re the most beautiful creature in any world,” he added.

As I opened my mouth to say something, his lips were on mine. I responded instantly, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck as his did the same around my waist. His lips moving against mine was like heaven, and I hadn’t realized how much I had missed kissing him. His arms tightened around me, crushing my body against his so that not even a paper could’ve slid between us. Air moved around us, and I found myself lying on my back on the bed with Blaze hovering over me, having used his vampire speed. I ran my tongue over his two snakebites, feeling the cold metal and him shivering in delight at the sensation.

I rolled us over so that I was on top, and I pulled away, a smirk appearing on my face as he let out a displeased growl. “Get back here.”

Shaking my head, I sat down on his hard stomach, my legs on either side of him and my hands resting on his chest. “What if someone walks in?”

“I’ll hear them,” he reassured me.

“Because you definitely heard me,” a voice said as the door shut. Both mine and Blaze whipped our heads to the side to see Zeth walking into the room with a smirk on his face.

I jumped off Blaze and tackled him. “Zeth! You’re back!”

The blonde laughed at me, returning the hug. “Yes, I’m back. Miss me that much, huh, love?”

“You missed a lot, man,” Blaze spoke up, materializing next to us and giving Zeth one of those ‘man hugs’.