Chapter 4

"Slave, this is my mother the Queen, and my father, the King," Blaze said, his signature smirk planted on his face.

"She's very troublesome," the King commented, studying me.

"She has a name," I spat.

One of the Queen's eyebrows rose. "And she doesn't like authority."

As much as I hate to admit it, the King and Queen both look amazing. The King had shaggy black hair, much like Blaze's, and his red eyes glowed with intelligence. He looked like an older version of Blaze, but Blaze's red eyes were filled with anger, hate, a cold expression.

The Queen had long brown curls, such as my own, but much more beautiful than mine. They hung down to the middle of her back and framed her face perfectly. Her red eyes were kind and gentle, like a mother's love. I could tell she's sweet and caring.

"Are you done studying us?" the King asked.

"Are you done studying me?" I retorted. I had seen them looking me over as well.

He chuckled. "Quite an observer, aren't you? Blaze, why did you buy her? She's clever and a troublemaker. She would easily get on your nerves."

"I have my reasons, father," Blaze replied respectfully.

The King nodded. "Very well. We will talk later. Show the slave where she'll be staying."

Blaze nodded before walking up the giant staircase. The guards dragged me along behind him. I tried my best to get out of their grasp, but they held tight. I looked back at the King and Queen to see them giving me pitying looks. My eyes narrowed. They were keeping something. I glanced back to Blaze. All of them.

"Like you're not keeping something?" Blaze commented without even looking at me.

I glared viciously at him. "Stay out of my head," I hissed.

"Last time I checked, I'm the master in this relationship."

"We don't have a relationship besides hate," I snarled.

My back hit the wall as he slammed into me, knocking me out of the guards' grasp. His hand was around my throat, and my feet were off the ground as I gasped for breathe. I clawed at his hand as I stared at his red eye which were a flaming fire of anger. Black dots started to appear in my vision.

Blaze bared his fangs and hissed, "I suggest you start doing as you're told before I kill you."

I glared as best as I could, and I managed to choke out, "Go ahead. You'll be doing me a favor."

His hand disappeared, and I fell to the floor, gasping for breathe. I lightly pressed my throat and neck, knowing I'd have bruises. Coughing a few times, I struggled to my feet, using the wall for support. The guards picked me up and held me, making it easier for me to stand.

"I wasted my money on you, and if you want to die, then I'll make sure you don't," Blaze seethed. "You're my slave. I suggest you do as I say."

He nodded to the guards, and they threw me into a room. I landed with a thump, wincing at the impact I made with the hard ground. "Put me in here to torture me?" I asked, chuckling.

"This is where you'll be sleeping," were the last words I heard before the door shut.

What?!

----------------------------------------- Blaze's POV -------------------------------------------------

I stared at the ceiling while I lied on my king sized bed. Everyone wants to know why I bought the most troublesome slave. She wants to know. My parents want to know. Hell, even my best friend will demand answers when he gets here. But if you were in my spot then, and you were having my thoughts, you'd understand.