Chapter 7

"You know the answer so why bother asking?" I told him before making my way out the café and headed towards my car.

Leon followed me, "I thought I should give it a try."

I reached for the car door and pulled it opened. Leon though, had other ideas and quickly pushed it closed before I could get in.

I let out an irritated sigh and bent my head to face him.

"Move."

Leon shook his head, he grinned as he leaned his body on the car.

"Not until you agree to the date." he said with a cocky grin.

Rubbing my forehead, I looked around to see if there were any cabs near to take me home. Sadly there weren't.

Taking the last resort, I moved away from the car and walked to the opposite end. Leon frowned in confusion as he watched me open the passenger seat and smirk. His eyes widened at the realization and he quickly tried to run to the other side of the car to stop me.

"Hey! That's not fair!" he yelled but it was muffled by the sweet sound of the door slamming close and the door locks switching on. Leon pounded the door and shouted profanities as I happily (and ungracefully) moved myself to sit in the driver's seat.

Turning the engine on, I cheerfully waved at Leon by the passenger window.

I watched in amusement when he hung his head in defeat. Taking a step back, he gave me a determined look as he pointed and said, "I won't give up!" he promised.

Chuckling at him, I shot him a wink and then drove off.

 "What an idiot." I mumbled with a smile on my face.

***

I got home only to be bombarded by two girls. They grabbed me by my arms and dragged me up the stairs where they lead me to Aria's room.

Opening the door open, they pushed me rather harshly in and then slammed the door closed. They giggled as the all lined up in front of me with crossed arms.

Aria who I deemed the leader – spoke, "Welcome Jade Cross, today we will be transforming you from this-" she pointed at my current clothes and lack of make-up.

"-into the bell of the ball..." I raised an amused eyebrow and Aria shrugged, "or party if you want to be specific."

"Enough chit chat – let the makeover begin!" Bella squealed.

 I couldn't finish my groan before I was tugged to a seat in front of a mirror. Aria stood behind me, tugging my hair and Celine stood before me, checking out my face after removing my glasses. So that would mean Bella is going to pick my dress.

Oh the joy...

"Ok I'm thinking about waves because it's always straight." Aria said while fiddling with hair.

Celine nodded, "Yeah and I'm thinking she can pull of the black smoky eye that will definitely make her beautiful hazel eyes come out – Argh! I'm so jelly!" she pouted.

I let Aria reassure her that she's pretty while I just completely zoned out. I allowed them to do whatever they wanted while I just sat there and took it.

What I'd give to just curl up and sleep on my nice warm bed.

***

"Ahh! Can't believe we're going to Ben's party. He and Leon always throw the best parties." I resisted the urge to block my ears when the girls in the back screamed in excitement but I did roll my eyes.