Chapter 1

With a bored look on my face, Aria led me to the front office. We got my schedule which thankfully had most with Aria. Though, the first class I had wasn't with her so I went off alone.

I finally reached my class after rolling my eyes at the stupid directions Aria gave me. Just as I entered the classroom I immediately hit something. Silently cursing, I stumbled back and narrowed my eyes at the person in front of me.

The culprit turned around and I couldn't help but groan in annoyance.

Leon looked me up and down and arrogantly smirked. I, on the other hand just pushed up my large glasses, hoping the nerdy look I was going for, would deter him away from me.

It didn't work...

"Hello gorgeous." Leon leaned on the doorframe. His cologne hit me hard, making me internally cringe.

Staring blankly at him, I ignored his remark and shoved his chest and walked straight past him without a second glance. Gasps could be heard, but like the expert I am, I brushed of the glares from the girls and the curious looks from guys.

Taking a seat at the back end, I pulled out my books and waited for the teacher to come. I caught Leon's jaw drop just as I turned and walked away.

The teacher finally walked in, snapping Leon out of his daze. His smirk returned as he sauntered his way to the seat next to me.

Rolling my eyes, I concentrated on the teacher who thankfully didn't bother asking me to introduce myself.

In the corner of my eye, I say Leon lean closer to me, "Hey." He whispered as the teacher started her class.

Staring straight, I took no notice of him as I began taking notes. He tried calling me again but I kept up my act. I almost smirked when I felt his glare burning the side of my head, but I didn't because I rarely ever show emotions and even if I do, it's all faked.

I barely acknowledged him throughout class and when the bell rang, I packed my stuff and stood up only to be blocked once again by the idiot.

Sighing, I tilted my head and looked up at him through my lashes, waiting for him to speak. Leon must have been stunned by my nonchalant attitude as if I'm bored by him, which is true either way. Right now all I want is to get to my next class without any problems.

Right now, Leon's becoming a problem.

"Move." My voice held no emotion but it was still firm.

Hazel eyes stared at wide, copper ones. Leon's mouth opened and then closed, his brows knitted in confusion while mine rose. Shrugging, I pushed past him (again) and made my way out the door.

Shaking my head at the idiots at this school, I found my way to the next class where I took a seat next to Aria. She gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged it off.

***

Lunch rolled around and Aria and I made our way to the cafeteria. We paid for our lunch and walked to a table where I met Aria's friends.

"Guys this is Jade, my cousin and Jade this is Celine-" she pointed to a red head who waved "-and this is Bella." She pointed to the Asian, who smiled at me. Nodding at both of them, we took our seat and I immediately started eating.

What? Dealing with Leon made me hungry.

Aria laughed nervously, "Sorry about her, she doesn't speak much." I knew she was embarrassed by my lack of social skills but I just didn't care. My life doesn't revolve around pleasing everyone I meet.

I paid no attention to them until one of them gasped.

Lifting my head up, my brows furrowed when I saw the girls jaw drop and eyes widened. They were staring behind me, clearly shocked by whoever it was. Though, I did have an idea who was judging by their reactions.

I swear this boy needs to leave me alone.

I sighed and I asked without turning to look at him, "What do you want?"

I put my elbow on the table and placed my head in my hand while fiddling with my leftover food.

Leon grunted in frustration, I could feel he was about to snap but to my utter surprise and complete annoyance; Leon leaned forward and placed his hands on the table on either side of me.

So now I was boxed in his arms while he breathed heavily down my neck.

Great, just what I wanted on the first day of school... (Sarcasm)

Gasps and whispers could be heard in the cafeteria. I looked to Aria for help but she was too stunned to move. Mentally groaning, my hand lifted to rub my forehead, hoping I could ease the oncoming headache.

I felt his lips graze my ear, his warm breath made the hairs on the back of my neck stand. Just when I was about to stand and leave, (because he wasn't uttering a word) he spoke.

"That wasn't a nice thing you did back there." his voice was low and deep.

To stop him from breathing on me, I turned my face to the side. Our faces were inches apart, not that I minded though. Being this close to him didn't affect me as much as it affected him.

"I'm never nice." I replied with the same monotonous voice I use on everyone.

Leon's eyes darkened considerably, lust was all I could see but as soon as I opened my mouth to speak, hesitation and confusion kicked in.

I allowed myself to slightly smirk, and lean a bit more closely to him. Our lips almost touch but I'd never let that happen.

My voice dropped into a whisper, "Understand this pretty boy, you will never break my heart or get anywhere close to it, so don't bother. No matter how much you try, you will fail."

I knew this would spark a challenge and like I predicted - Leon's eyes brightened as if to say 'Challenge accepted.'

"Oh and why is that?" he smirked.

I abruptly stood up, creating some distance. Twisting my body around to face him, I went back to my blank face but my eyes showed the seriousness of my next words.

"Because I have no heart to break."