Chapter 13

"Hey Jade." Ben said from behind me.

I didn't bother turning around because he slid in the left seat next to me. I played with my food as I felt another presence to my right.

Where there is Ben – there should be Leon and vice versa.

The girls in front of me froze in their seats as both players flanked me. Celine and Bella gaped at the sight of having them here sit by their table.

I rolled my eyes at them. Wasn't it just a few days ago they told me to break Leon?

Ben put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.

"How's my favorite girl?" he grinned at me but I just shoved his arm off me and went back to my silent eating. To my right, Leon snickered at his friend and then started to introduce himself to the still frozen girls.

"Hey, I'm Leon." He nodded to Celine and Bella.

When they didn't answer, I decided to do it for them.

"They know who you are." I said and almost smirked when they glared at me.

"Whatever Jade." Was Celine's comeback. Bella just stuck to her glaring.

I could tell Celine was affected by Leon's appearance because she would still take peeks at him. Bella just sat shyly in her seat and listened to Ben talk about something he did last summer. Leon though, was staring at me while I just plainly ignored him.

I finally lifted my head and slightly frowned.

"Where's Aria?" I asked the girls when I noticed she wasn't here and lunch was nearly over.

Celine looked at Bella and then back to me. "She's with Brody." She said.

Guess they didn't know that Aria's really going to dump him. I pushed my food away and then abruptly stood up.

Leon and Ben followed me when I ignored their calls. I had to find Aria; I told her this morning that I should be near her when she breaks up with Brody because he doesn't look like the type to take break-ups easily.

I jogged through the halls when my arm was suddenly pulled back. I stopped to face Leon but my mind was running – thinking where Aria could be.

"Jade, what's wrong?" Leon exclaimed and Ben nodded and joked, "Yeah, where's the fire?"

I roughly pushed my glasses back up my nose, and sighed in frustration. Turning to the two boys, they knew it was serious when they saw my worried face.

Damn – this place is really changing me!

"Aria – She was going to break up with Brody today but I told her to let me be there when it happened. It's just that Brody doesn't look like the type to take being dumped easy." I told them while rubbing my forehead to ease my headache.

"Wait – Brody Samson? The same guy that challenged you for your title?" Ben nudged Leon who nodded.

"Yeah, he can easily dump a girl but when the girl would dump him, he would just flip." Leon said making me even more worried. "We better split up so we can find them more quickly. Jade you go with Ben to the east side and I'll go west. Then work your way around to the back of the school." Leon started jogging in the opposite direction of us.

"Call me if you find him!" I shouted, Leon raised his hand and made an okay sign.

"Come on." Ben said and gripped my arm as we started to jog around the halls.

We searched through empty classrooms and even asked some students but we still couldn't find her. Ben and I were making our way to the back of the school when I got a call. Immediately I picked it and was relieved to hear Leon's voice.