Chapter 4

Why do I even come to school?

It's just a waste of time since I'm always on top of everything. With perfect A's, you'd think the principal would allow the smart kids a day of in the week.

We are building the school's reputation, the least they could do is let us off.

I sighed and just accepted what the school gave me, which just so happens to be a study period.

Walking through the quiet halls, I could only hear my footsteps as I made my way to the library. Turning the corner, my steps slowed at the sight in front of me.

Leon stood with his back to me and a girl in front - screaming and crying at him.

All in all, it was a messy sight.

Leon looked like he wanted to run but the girl held on his arm firmly. As I walked closer, I could hear some of the conversation.

"B-But I thought w-we h-had something? You s-said you loved m-me." she hiccupped and wiped away her tears that just kept falling.

"Yeah, well I lied." Ouch! Nice one Leon. He said it so bluntly that it caused the chick to cry even harder. The look on Leon's face clearly showed he didn't care about her feelings.

I would have sympathized with the girl if I didn't know about the competition.

Like I said before, the girls knew what the consequences were when they decided to chase after the 'Legendary player.' Clearly they're just opening up old wounds.

Her wails were giving me a headache, so I picked up my speed to walk past them. I sent a silent prayer, hoping Leon doesn't see me.

But by the relieved expression on his face when he did, I knew I wouldn't be walking alone to the library. I cringed at the thought of being alone with him.

"Well, I got to go. It was nice meeting you Candy."

"It's Eloise!" I let out a laugh and shook my head at his attempt to remember her name. It wasn't even close.

Leon just left and jogged up to me.

"Like I even care." He mumbled when he reached me. "Sup Jade."

He swung his arm around me but I quickly stepped away before he could. Leon pouted, "Come on Jade, be cool." I tilted my head enough for him to see my brow raised. Leon grinned and shrugged.

We walked in silence down the hall until a question come to mind.

"How many girls chase after you?" I asked because I hope that the answer may help me figure out if Leon found out about the competition.

I was really curious about this because if he did find out then all the girls' attempts are for nothing. My theory was that instead of shutting them down as soon as the girls walk up to him, Leon uses it to his advantage to get the girls a second time.

Damn, that would be heartless and yet, smart thinking. That would scream experienced player.

If my theory was right then Leon definitely knows his way around girls, I better be careful around him then.

Leon chuckled, "Why, you jealous?" he joked but that made me stop in my tracks.

Leon stopped too and looked at me curiously. Peering up at him, I slanted my head slightly and smirked.

"Sure." I said, humoring him.

Being careful around him doesn't mean I can't have a little fun once in a while.

Without waiting for a response I continued on my walking. I was able to get about halfway down the hall before Leon snapped out of his shock.

"Whoa! Whoa!" he jogged to catch up to me just as we entered the library.