Chapter 16

I snorted at what he said.

Me becoming his! Ha! That'll be the day when Hell freezes over and pigs start to fly.

Ignoring him completely, I waited for the bell to ring and once it did I shot out of class and into the busy hallway. Weaving through the students, I felt a hand clamp down on mine and pulled me back.

Turning around my eyes clashed with Leon's. Leon opened his mouth to speak when he closed it and snapped his head to look behind him. Following his gaze I saw Tessa grip Leon's hand.

Well this is awkward.

Leon holding mine and Tessa's holding Leon's.

We stood in the middle of the hallway, student stared at us as they past – all whispering and pointing at the awkward position we're in. I knew that this would most likely be the latest rumor. How couldn't it be?

Leon's latest chase is being interrupted by an old ex who wants revenge.

Oh yeah, this is not good.

"Leon we have to work out a schedule for the project." Tessa finally spoke.

Leon looked between her and me. His head kept snapping to each side, deciding to help him make the hard decision; I slipped my hand out of his and started to walk away.

"Jade!" he called but I kept walking.

It was only when I turned the corner did I pause and look. I saw Tessa dragging Leon behind her and not once did he look back. My eyes lowered and I sighed.

Well played Tessa.

Now she has free range to do what she wants with Leon. I bet she will most likely invite him over her house to gain the upper hand in convincing Leon to like her and I cannot do anything about it unless I want to look jealous in Leon's eyes. I definitely do not want to seem desperate because Leon does not know what Tessa and I have planned behind his back and mistake the gesture as a jealously which implies that I like or care for the boy – not that I do or anything.

Whatever Tessa and I do just so happens' to involve Leon who got caught up in this mess.

All I can hope for is that Leon will not fall for her tricks but I know he will because Tessa must have planned for this to happen so she knows what she must do to get him.

I rubbed my forehead and continued walking.

I think it's about time I take this game up a notch.

Be prepared Tessa, Leon will never be yours...

Because he is Mine.

***

The next day I woke up as usual and got ready for school.

Yawning, I made my way downstairs and greeted Aria who was making breakfast. Sluggishly, I grabbed some cereal, the milk and bowl. Slowly I poured the cereal and milk, all the while trying to hold in a yawn.

I was still a little tired because I kept tossing and turning, trying to figure out how I'm going to get Leon away from Tessa without seeming like a jealous girlfriend.

Sadly though, I'm still waiting for that idea to come up.

Leon better appreciate this, no one comes between me and my sleep – unless it's important which regretfully my body thought since I couldn't go to sleep and my mind was running a mile a minute.

Stupid, uncontrollable urges when it comes to that player.

"You look tired."

My answer was a lazy, blank look which seemed as if I was about to collapse and just sleep. Argh! Guess I'm a lot tired then I thought I was.