Chapter 11

"Aria I'm going out." I said before making my way to the door.

"Sure ok." She replied and snuggled closer to Brody on the couch as they watched a movie.

Just as I made it to the door, I saw Brody turn his head to look at me - he gave me a wink and smirked. I sent him a blank look but on the inside I was gagging in disgust. I grabbed my jacket and wallet and stepped outside. Slamming the door close, I sighed and slowly started walking along the sidewalk.

It had been four weeks since they started dating and I've been dreading the promise I made to myself about talking to Aria about her relationship.

It seemed to me that she only attracts players.

Rubbing my forehead, I made a mental note to do it tonight. I think it's about time she knows that the time she's been hanging out with Brody, he's been trying to get closer to me.

At first it was bearable to be in his presence but when he started to talk to me when Aria wasn't around. It just started to piss me off.

He would try and get a word out of me but I'd just send him a hard look. Persistent fellow he was, he didn't stop and even increased his player moves – if that's what you want to call them.

He started off by sitting extra close to me when I was trying to watch TV. Then he'd purposely block my way so I would be forced to brush myself against him to get past.

Normally I don't let my anger get the best of me but for some reason, ever since I moved here I've been showing...emotions.

Wanting to snap at Brody or my sudden need to protect Aria and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I would want to defend Leon from Tessa.

This place is just so...

Silently groaning in frustration, I was about to walk past a shop when my eyes travelled to the sign. I shrugged; maybe some ice-cream can ease my irritation.

Walking inside, I went to the counter and bought some caramel swirl. Licking it, I stepped out of the store and continued on with my random walk.

My legs brought me to a park, I watched as the kids play on the playground as I passed by. Licking my ice-cream my ears perked up when I heard someone softly curse.

Snapping my head forward, I saw a hunched over figure sitting on the curb. His hands were fisted in his hair as he slightly tugged at them. His face was down but I could tell that he didn't look too happy. I was about to walk over to him and ask what's wrong but paused mid-step when he lifted his head.

Though he wasn't facing me, I could easily recognize Leon's profile.

Taking a step back, my mind screamed to just turn around and walk away like nothing happened but my body protested and made me step forward.

"Dammit." I muttered angrily and slowly made my way to Leon who still hasn't noticed me.

Taking a bite out of my cone, I stood next to Leon and then sat down. I just stared forward when Leon's head whipped my way. In the corner of my eye I saw him freeze – wide eyed and mouth opened, Leon looked me up and down to see if I'm really here.

Honestly, I'm wondering the same thing.

Crossing my legs, I tilted my head towards him.

"What?" I asked casually while taking another bite out of my cone.

"I-Uh..." Leon blinked twice and then slanted his head in confusion and eyes narrowed.

"What are you doing here?" he said rather harshly.