Chapter 23

Leon's POV

"DAMMIT!" I slammed my bedroom door closed. The force shook the walls and a few frames fell but I didn't care.

I was so angry and frustrated with myself for ignoring Jade. I don't want her to go back to the girl she once was, I love that she shows her real self to me but now that I-

I should have tried harder!

 I let out an aggravated growl and started to trash my room. My rage blinded me and all I saw was red. I ignored the knocks at the door from the maids as every object was thrown across the room, my TV, stereo – everything.

I ignored Jade.

My desk was thrown to the floor.

I let Tessa keep me from her.

 I picked up my chair and smashed it on the ground.

But of all, I missed the chance to see her smile and laugh – knowing it was me who did that to her.

My shoulders heaved as I took in deep breaths of air. My fists were clenched tightly when I stomped to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror, I could see how furious I was.

My lips were curled into a snarl, my eyes narrowed and had a deadly glint to them.

If it wasn't for that whore Tessa, I would be with Jade now.

Just the thought of that slut made me burst into rage. My fist smashed into the mirror – shattering the glass and splitting open my knuckles. I watched as the blood dripped down the mirror making it look like something out of a horror movie. I could only wish the mirror was Tessa or a guy, then I'd let all my anger out.  

My energy drained from my body and just in time when I heard the door open. I turned to see an anxious Ben and when he saw the mirror and my hand, he cursed and told the maid to call the family doctor.

"Damn bro." Ben shook his head and grabbed a towel to wrap my hand in. I let him pull me into my trashed room and sat down on the bed while tenderly dabbing my knuckles with the towel.

Ben picked up my chair and sat down on it across from me. I barely glanced at him and just concentrated on my hand.

"Is this about Jade?" he asked and I had the urge to roll my eyes.

"What do you think?" I spat.

Ben raised his hands up in surrender. "Sorry, just not used to you fussing over some girl."

"Jade's not just some girl!" I snapped at him. "She's different then all the girls out there but now she's ignoring me because I made a big mistake." I leaned my elbows on my knees and hung my head.

"Oh yeah, you ignored her just when she was trusting you-"

I winced as Ben listed my mistakes.

"-and then decided to hang out with your ex and her enemy-"

I flinched.

"-and now you lost her beca-"

I was quick to cut him off. "I did not lose her! I will get her back one way or another!" I took a few breaths and closed my eyes to calm myself. When I opened them, I stared at Ben and said, "I will get her back, even if I have to spend the rest of my life doing it." My eyes showed how determined I was.

Ben leaned back in his seat with a flabbergasted look on his face. "You're really serious about her." It wasn't a question but I still nodded.

My best friend lowly whistled. "Never thought I'd see the day where The Legendary Leon would settle down for one girl." My eyes narrowed at him.