Chapter 9

"You are horrible." Ben snickered as we left the café and started to walk along the sidewalk.

"Eh, he'll live." I waved a hand dismissively, "If Leon is the player he says he is – than he'll be able to see through any attempt Tessa has in store for him." I said while window shopping.

Ben thought for a minute and then said, "I guess you're right."

Shooting him a smirk I replied arrogantly, "Aren't I always."

I stuck my chin up and grinned when Ben playfully pushed me. We laughed and kept walking. Ben slung his arm over my shoulder, peering up at him I saw he was grinning at me. Raising a curious brow, Ben shook his head, "It's nice having a friend that doesn't want to attack me or Leon."

I faked a gasp and said incredulously, "You're friends attack you? No wonder you guys barely hang out with other people."

"No," Ben chuckled, "I mean it's nice being friends with a girl and not have to deal with the drama they bring."

"Well, it's nice to know now that you only see me as a friend. It will save me from the embarrassment of trying to get closer to you." I pretended to be sad.

"Stop twisting my words." He playfully glared at me.

Letting out a laugh, I wrapped my arm around his waist and glanced up at Ben. "I know what you mean though." He squeezed my arm and pulled me closer.

"Guys are the problem why girls have so much drama." With that, I pushed Ben away and started to run. Almost giggling at Ben's face but he quickly recovered and started to chase me.

Ducking behind a couple, they watched in amusement as Ben and I ran around them. I laughed when Ben accidentally tripped over the guy, taking advantage of this distraction I swiftly ran back towards my car which was parked outside the café.

I got closer to the store and as I was about to run to my car, I saw Leon exit the café and block my path. Gasping, I tried to skid to a stop but I was running to fast. Leon's eyes widened when he saw me but it was too late for him to move as I collided with him.

Leon's arms securely wrapped around my waist, his muscles tensed as he steadied us from falling to the ground. My hands lay on his chest, gripping his shirt as I tried to catch my breath. Slowly my eyes trailed up from his chest to his neck and then his face.

My face must have looked flushed and my hair wild because Leon's eyes darkened.

"Jade..." he whispered. His hand traced up my arm, barely touching my skin as he reached my neck. He lightly brushed his fingers on my red cheeks, almost making me shiver but I held it in. It didn't stop my eyes from about to flutter close.

Our trance was broken by footsteps behind me. Gasping in surprise, I pulled back and looked behind to see Ben coming to a stop in front of us. He looked at us both and his face fell in confusion.

Licking my lips, I turned back to Leon who stared at me in a way I couldn't decipher. Giving him one last look, I twisted my body and sped to my car.

All I could think of as I made my way in the car, was that wasn't supposed to happen.

Just as I was about to turn on the ignition, something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Tessa was still by the window seat we were previously sitting at. She narrowed her eyes at me, the black orbs drifted to Leon and Ben who were both watching me.

Crap, she saw everything.

Pushing up my glasses, I turned the key and let the car purr to life. Without a second thought, I put it into gear and drove off.