No Word Spoken

Nathan’s POV

            After I dropped Ariana off at her dressing room, I walked around the building thinking about her. She’s so beautiful and I just wish that one day, she’d see me the way I see her. Keep dreaming Sykes. She’s just so pretty I can’t help it. I ran into Max on the way around and he said hello for the third time before I noticed him. “You’re thinking about Ariana aren’t you?” he said smirking. I looked at him weirdly, “How did you know”. He laughed at this, “Your eyes always look dazed all of a sudden sometimes when the lads and I are watching American Football and you’re not even looking on the screen. Or sometimes, we’re singing a love song and you have the same look”. I blushed a little which made him laugh even harder, “It’s not my fault. It’s just her eyes sparkle whenever she sings, and her hair bounces whenever she moves and her laugh is so cute. When she smiles, it’s like time stops for that one moment in time and her left dimple is adorable, and she’s so graceful and-““Whoa Baby Nath, didn’t need a whole speech about her you know? But I can really see you like her as a friend”, he said sarcastically. I scratched the back of my neck and blushed. He laughed again and left me to go flirt with some girl.

            I kept walking around the building and thinking about Ariana. Why can’t I get her out of my head? She’d never like me. Plus, she just got out of a relationship. I continued to walk

            I kept walking and found myself going to Ariana’s dressing room. I put my ear to the door and heard sobbing. I was immediately worried and tried to open the door but it was locked. They were probably having girl time about…..Jai….. Or something.

            After about fifteen minutes, Ariana came out, her cheeks tear-stained and her eyes puffy.  She wiped at her eyes and held her head high. “Ari”, I said but she just kept walking. Weird; I waited until she was quite a distance away then I followed her. She walked around, humming to herself a song I immediately recognized. She sang that song to me when I came went to her after she called me about what that bastard did. She looked at a plant and continued walking. “Cause we were on Honey Moon Avenue. Honey Moon Avenue”, she started singing quietly. A single tear rolled down her cheek. “Oh Nathan”, she whispered. I could barely hear she and I froze, thinking she found me. But she continued to walk. So she’s thinking about me! Score Sykes!!  I heard her sigh and walk around. I really wanted to just go to her and talk to her. I missed the feeling of her in my arms even it was only like thirty minutes ago.

            Before I could say something Justin Bieber came, “Hey Ariana, I heard what happened, I’m so sorry”, he said hugging her. I felt a wave of jealousy go through me and it took all my willpower not to go up to them. They talked for a little while, I wasn’t paying attention. I was just focusing on not punching the guy and kissing Ariana. When he left I immediately went up to her. She just looked at me with sadness and surprisingly wants in her eyes. I felt a course of adrenaline race through my veins and I used all of my willpower to die it down.  I reached out to her and I was surprised she didn’t flinch back. I stroked her cheek and she slightly leaned into the touch. I was itching to wrap my arms around her. It was hard and it hurt to be around her and not be more than friends. But just being with her made me happy and I just wanted her to be happy, even not with me. A single tear rolled down her cheek, “Ariana, please look at me”. I put a finger under her chin and lifted it up, our eyes meeting,

            We just stayed like that, no words spoken. Our eyes talking for us. Then suddenly, “He texted me”. Her voice broke my heart. It was so small and quiet that I had to lean close to hear her.  I felt rage cover some of the adrenaline and I just needed her in my arms to calm me down. I met her eyes and immediately felt my rage die down a little, “What’d he say” I say through gritted teeth. She sighed, “He said… h-he”, I cut her off, “You don’t have to tell me”, I said. I felt her nod and bury her head in my chest. I held her close to me and didn’t let go. I kissed the top of her head. I felt her body go limp all of a sudden and heard soft snores. Only she could fall asleep standing up and I smiled at that thought. “Hey, wait is she asleep”, Frankie came. I sighed and nodded. “Well, the tour bus is going to leave soon so you should bring her over there”, he smiled and kissed Ariana on the cheek, “That girl has been through so much”. And he left. I looked back at Ariana. I know she’s a really deep sleeper so I didn’t bother to wake her up. I kissed her forehead. She was so cute when she slept.

            I bent down a little and put an arm under her knees and lifted her up bridal style.  I heard her whine a little then put her head against my chest. My heart was beating so hard that I bet she could hear. I took her out to the tour bus and climbed on with her in my arms and set her down on the couch. I sat beside her and I felt her rest her head on my chest. I wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her head as I started to doze off as well.