Why Does This Have to be so Hard?

THREE DAYS LATER

       I paced back and forth around the room, running a hand through my hair. “C’mon lad, what do I do”, I asked, putting my face in my hands. Jay stood up and put his hands on my shoulders, “First, you need to calm down. Your pacing is making me dizzy”. I rolled my eyes and stood still. “Secondly, why are you worrying so much”?

          I groaned, “Because it’s me and Ariana’s three month anniversary, dim-wit”. Jay crossed his arms, “Girl please, and I don’t need the attitude”. I rolled my eyes and crashed onto the couch. In two days, it’s me and Ariana’s three month anniversary and I still haven’t gotten her anything! I have the whole day to think about it since she’s in the recording studio with Scooter.

          My hair was probably standing in all different directions since my hands were always running through it. “What do I do, Jay”, I said, starting to pace back and forth again. “I have to get her something special! Something that’s almost as special as she is”. Jay put his hand to his chin, “You could get her a ring”, Jay said, motioning to his finger. I shook my head, “No, she might think I’m asking to marry her and she might get scared”.

          “Why’s Nath pacing around the room”, Tom asked, walking into the living room. “Huh”, Max asked, hopping on the couch next to Jay. “Because he doesn’t know what to get Ari for their anniversary”, Jay answered him. “Did someone say Ariana”, Siva said, smiling and running into the room. “What do I get her for our three month anniversary”, I asked Siva. If anything, he should know this. He shrugged, “I don’t know. Nareesha and Ariana are different. I just got her a pair of shoes”. Max’s face brightened, “Just get her a pair of shoes”, he said, looking proud with his answer. I glared at him, “The only shoes she wears are mostly sneakers”. He nodded, “Exactly! She could use a pair of heels! She’s so tiny, she’d need it”.

          I shook my head at him. “Why is this so hard?” I groaned. Tom shrugged, “That’s the problem! You’re thinking about this too much! She’ll love anything you give her”. I ran a hand through my hair again. “You’re right”.

          “You should give her something meaningful! What did you do on your first date”, Jay asked. I shrugged, “I don’t know. We just stayed here and watched Toy Story with a bunch of candy”.

          “You could get her an infinity necklace”, Siva blurted out. My face immediately brightened, “You’re right! Then I could engrave something into it”. Max nodded, “Then what are we waiting for! Let’s get it”! My head tilted to the side, “We”, I asked. Jay grinned, “Of course we are coming! Your fashion sense is very outdated”, he continued, “Whatever you get her will be a disappointing”. He grabbed the car keys and headed out the door. The rest of them followed and I was left alone in the room. “My fashion sense isn’t outdated”, I whispered and walked out the door.

          ARIANA’S POV

“He hasn’t answered his phone at all, Lizzy”, I groaned and threw my phone at the chair. She glared at me “He’s probably busy or something”. We were in the recording studio and Leon was finishing up a song so we were just waiting. “Yeah, but this isn’t like him! He actually picks up his phone”, I said, running a hand through my hair. “Girl have you looked in the mirror lately? Your hair is a wild mess”, Liz laughed.

          I threw a glare her way and walked to the full length mirror by the door. I was wearing an old Victoria’s Secret sweatshirt and Victoria Secret sweat pants. My black converse was untied and loose. I saw what she meant. My hair was a wild mess. I groaned and tried to pat my hair down but nothing worked. Elizabeth sighed and walked over to me and handed me a head band. I smiled and took it from her and secured it onto my head.

          I jumped back onto the couch and picked up my phone. “Anything from him yet”, she asked, sitting down next to me. I shook my head and groaned. She patted me on the back. “He’s probably just busy Ari. I wouldn’t get too worked up about this”. I shrugged, “I still don’t even know what to get him though! What do you get a guy for an anniversary”?!

          She shrugged, “I don’t know get him something meaningful. You guys met over a song right”, she asked, picking up a piece of candy from a table. I shrugged again, “I guess so”, and I took a piece of candy from her. “Then just write him a song”. I grinned, “You’re right! That’s a good idea”, but my smile faltered, “Our anniversary is in two days Liz! That’s not enough time to make a whole song”.

          She rolled her eyes, “Then just work hard; as in now”, she laughed. I groaned and she walked over to the piano in the corner and patted the seat next to me. “This isn’t that hard. Just think of what you want him to know”. I sat down next to her and put my fingers on the keys. “See, just press on the keys like this”, Liz joked. I smiled and slapped her on the arm. I pressed my fingers on the keys, singing the first note.