Voice Check

ARIANA’S POV

            I woke up by a bright light that hit my face. I groaned and I couldn’t move myself for some reason. When I tried to look up my head was immediately blocked by someone else’s head. Nathan. All of the events from last night came crashing down. I wriggled around in his arms trying to get out but failed. He grumbled a little and his grip around my waist tightened, not that I was complaining. He nuzzled his face more into my hair. I still couldn’t get out of his arms, “Nathan, Nathan”. He mumbled something unintelligible. I groaned, “C’mon, we have to go voice check today”. This is where we spent a whole day going over the program, fine tune it and make sure our voice is still in good condition”. He groaned and maneuvered a bit so his head was in the crook of my neck with his arms around my waist. He opened one eye and looked at me. “Morning cutie”, he said in a sexy, gravelly, deep, voice. He was so perfect. I blushed a bit and he smiled and kissed my forehead. I sighed a little. I pulled away a little bit so I could get up. He frowned at me and I rolled me eyes. He held his arms out so I took his arm and tried to pull him up.

            I just woke up so my muscles weren’t awake yet and he was heavy cause he was a guy so when I tried to pull him, I kept trying to pull him but he wouldn’t budge. He suddenly pulled through his side so I fell on his chest. I squealed and blushed while he laughed. I hit his chest, “You are so fat”. He put a hand to his chest in mock hurt, “Hurtful”. We laughed for a long time. Then I noticed the position we were in again and I blushed. He looked at me with loving eyes and pushed a stray hair away from my face. “Ariana, Nathan, you need to leave in fifteen minutes”, Scooter said coming in with his phone. I sighed and got up pulling Nathan with me. I ran to my luggage but was too lazy to open it. Nathan noticed this right behind me and smirked, “Just ask”. I groaned, “Nathan, can I borrow a hoodie or jacket and a hat because I am way lazy to fix my hair”. He laughed and threw me this. I slipped it on and brushed my hair out which still had some curls from last night. I slipped on his hat and some sneakers and my headphones for the practice. We had to leave in five minutes so I didn’t have time to slip on my contacts. I sighed and put on my glasses which were big and nerdy.

            I met Nathan close to the door. “Hey we match”, he said. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt and dark jeans and black converse. He was also wearing a hat and his glasses. We burst out laughing. We left for the building. Nathan was driving us and he suddenly turned into a Starbucks. I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled. He ordered for both of us. “Gosh you know me way too well”, I said sipping me drink. He laughed and sipped his. We laughed and laughed the whole way there, “YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I’M LIVING A TEENAGE DREAM”! We sang very loudly and off key. When the song finished busted out laughing and he parked.

            We walked into the building laughing hard, “Katy Perry has some competition Nathan”, I said. He laughed hard, “You got that right, love”. Then suddenly one of my vocal coaches, Leroy, came up to me, “OMG there you are, I’ve been looking for you two absolutely EVERYWHERE! I shall whisk Ms. Grande away to one room and Mr. Sykes I shall bring you to another room”. I frowned. I didn’t want to leave Nathan. We walked to a room with a purple door. He opened the door and motioned for me to go inside before sauntering down the hall. Nathan looked back at me and kissed me on the cheek, “You’re going to do great, love”, he said before following Leroy down the hall.

            -Three hours later-

            “Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, baby I”, I sang, my voice obviously exhausted. I was almost done with the song, just a little bit more. I finally finished the song with the highest note in the song, “Louder”, Jerome, one of my vocal teachers said. I tried and my voice was a tiny bit louder, “LOUDER”, I sang the loudest. When I was done, I was already breathing heavily. “Ok break time Ms. Grande”, Celine, another one of my vocal coaches said. Thank God. I ran out the door and ran right into a wall. Wait, not a wall; a person. Not just any person, NATHAN!! “Whoa there, love, careful”. I love his British accent. It was just so nice. I sighed. “I’m tired”, I said, shocked by my voice. It was barely above a whisper. He looked at me worriedly, “Are you ok”? I nodded, “Probably just a sore throat”. Couple more songs and we’re out of here. One of those songs that were left was my duet with Nathan. As much as I couldn’t wait to sing with Nathan, my voice was dead tired and I couldn’t wait for this day to be over.