Show Me Love (Nathan Sykes and Ariana Grande)

“What do u mean you’re breaking up with me”, I asked, my voice cracking. How could he do this? “Look, Ari, I’m just not feeling it anymore, ok?” Jai replied. Anger flooded through my veins, “What the heck is that supposed to mean”. He seemed to sigh, “Look I’m not feeling the whole long distance thing, ok? I want someone who is going to constantly with me. I slapped my hand on my forehead and shut my eyes. I suddenly heard a high pitched voice, “Baby come back to bed”. Oh no he didn’t, “JAI BROOKS ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME”? He cleared his throat awkwardly, “Look, this is what I mean about being here constantly. You’re, you just don’t…. you don’t do much for me anymore”.  I gasped. I didn’t know he was like that, “Are you breaking up with me because you haven’t gotten laid yet”. I heard that voice again but chose to ignore it. “Look I got to go”, he said and quickly hung up.

            I jumped onto my bed and landed on my pillow face first. I sobbed into my pillow until what felt like hours. I suddenly heard a pounding on the door, “ARIANA GRANDE OPEN THIS DOOR OR I WILL KICK IT DOWN”. I groaned “Go away Frankie, I’m not in the mood”. He seemed more frustrated but I didn’t care. “C’MON ARI, PLEASE”? I ignored him and went onto my phone; a picture of me and Jai on our first date.  Delete; A picture of us holding hands. Delete. I ended up deleting almost half of my pictures. I went on instagram and twitter and took out anything that had to do with him. I gathered all of our photos of us and cut his face out of all of them. All of them scattered on the floor. I heard a soft knock come from the door, “Ariana?”

            I knew that British accent. Nathan. I ran to the door and flung the door open. “NATH”, I practically yelled. “Ari”, he yelled back, laughing a little. I jumped into his arms and burying my head in his neck and sobbed. He came in and shut the door behind him. I ran back to my bed and slammed my face back on a pillow. He lifted me up from my pillow, ignoring my protests. He noticed my tear streaked face and my puffy eyes, “What’s wrong”, he asked. That just made me cry more and he pulled me into his chest. It felt right and I almost, just almost, forgot about Jai. “H-h-he b-b-broke up with m-me”, I stuttered. He tensed at this, “That bastard”.  

            I sobbed into his chest with his arms wrapped around me, “He’s throwing everything away! After everything we’ve been through just to make it work”, I said in between sobs. “Shhh, shhh; He isn’t worth your tears, Ari”. I wiped my eyes and sniffled a bit. “The thing is he said he broke up with me because he hadn’t been laid yet. And then I heard some girl in the background”. I felt his muscles flex from under me, “He’s going to die”, and he said through gritted teeth. I pulled back a bit so we were looking at each other. “I don’t get it though; am I not good enough for him? Am I not skinny enough, pretty enough-““Ariana Grande, you quit that nonsense right now. You are beautiful, smart, kind, and you are one of the most amazing people I know. Don’t you ever say that about yourself”, he said. That just made me sob more and he pulled me back into him. This is what I loved about Nathan. He was always there for me and he didn’t care that I looked like a slob. I could be wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt and he wouldn’t care. It always felt right with him and I felt safe, like nothing could hurt me. I felt him kiss my forehead and I closed my eyes.

            Nathan’s POV

            I had just gotten a call from Frankie telling me that Ariana wouldn’t come out of her room and that she wouldn’t let anyone in. I slipped on my hoodie and snapback and sneakers. I went downstairs and saw the lads watching some football game, “I’m going out for a bit”. Max was the only one who noticed me, “Where you going, you know just in case we can’t find you”.  He smirked remembering that time they lost me and I went to the area for lost children, “Just to Ariana”.  He smirked at this, “Visiting your girlfriend, huh?” I blushed a little and clapped my neck, “She’s not my girlfriend”. He laughed at this which caught the rest of the boys’ attention. “You talking about Ariana”, Siva asked taking a bite out of his hamburger. “She’s not my girlfriend”, I mumbled. “Aww does Baby Nath have a little crush”, Jay asked pouting. They all laughed at this and I felt myself turn red which made them laugh even harder. I saluted them with the bird and got my car keys and drove to her hotel.