chapter 20

we were currently on our way to Gloria's since something went wrong and Klaus can't make his hybrids. being back here makes me think back to my time here with my friend Kayla.

$$flashback$$
I was walking around Chicago seeing if they had anything I could use for my wedding. when I heard a cry for help in the distance. rushing over I saw a girl she could be any older then seventeen. Her hair was matted and it smelt like she's lost a lot of blood. scooping her up in my arms I looked at her "hey, hey. shhh your okay what happened?" I questioned her. she looked at me with her pain filled eyes. " t-they came out of no where. i-i couldn't do anything." she told me trying not to cry. " okay, okay what's your name? I'm gonna help you." I told her freeing my wrist. "Kayla, Kayla Bennett." she told me. I froze for a moment knowing that meant she was probably related to the Bennett witches. biting my wrist I brought it up to her mouth. " drink up it'll heal you." I said. and she listened. after she was heathy I walked her home telling her to be safe and that I was watching after her.

$$flashback over$$

sighing I look outside and notice we parked outside of the bar. Getting out the car I smoothed my dress out before heading to the door with Klaus and Stefan. once inside I saw someone I haven't seen a while. "Kayla?" I asked. she turned around and smiled at me. "hey"