17 - Stage Acts pt. 4

Chapter 17 - Stage Acts pt. 4; What We Know

*Lucinda's POV*

     "Lucinda sweetie, get up. You have school today and you don't wanna be late." My dad says as he opens the curtains. I ignore him. "I know how you get in the morning. Don't let me use that bucket of water at your bedside table.." He threatened.

     He would never...

~

     "Whoa, Lucinda. Grumpier than usual, are we?" Aphmau says jokingly as we were at her locker. It was just me, Aphmau and Cadenza at the moment.

     "Wouldn't you be in the same mood if you were woken up with freezing cold water in your face? In October?!" I complain.

     "Well, we do know how hard you are to wake up." Cadenza.

     "Shut up." I roll my eyes. "But speaking of which, what do you guys think of (Y/n)'s confession?"

     "Don't tell anyone, but I kind of feel guilty.." Aphmau.

     "Guilty?" Me.

     "Well, yeah.. If she likes Laurance and Laurance likes me then...wouldn't that be..." Aphmau.

     "Nah." Cadenza.

     "Huh?" Me and Aphmau both.

     "The guys were at our house that day and apparently Laurance 'fessed up to the guys, too. Laurance and (Y/n) like each other." Cadenza shrugs.

     "What?!" Aphmau.

     "How come it seems like you saw this coming?" I ask.

     "Me and Nicole noticed this. And at first, they were just gut feelings but we finally got our confirmations." C.

     "Oh my Irene. So that means..." Aphmau.

     "They're secretly mutual!"

~

*Your POV*

     I'm currently outside in the campus at the bleachers, watching those other teams practice for SAP. Some were acting, dancing, singing as well and there was a group who were...I think practicing a shadow play?

     Just by watching them all, you could tell that this was going to be one hell of a competition.

     "Hey." I look up and see Laurance. "Mind if I sit beside you?"

     I hold back my blush and nod.

     "What? No snarky remarks this time?" Laurance smirked.

     I shrug. "I'm not really...in the mood."

     "Been a while since we've had a decent talk." He chuckled. "Quite the sight, huh?"

     "Yeah... I'm kinda nervous for the competition. You?"

     "Nah. I guess it's okay for me to win or lose as long I'm...I've performed okay and did my best. And besides, it was fun hanging out with you. Even though the whole time, you were a blushing mess." He teased.

     I laugh. "I guess I was..huh?"

     "Heh, you're actually admitting to that?"

     She shrugs, but then frowns and looks down.

     "Is something the matter?" I ask, lowering my head to level hers.

     "Laurance...this is my last year here at Phoenix Drop High. We're moving to Denver next year.."

      "What?! Why?!"

      "Well...the house that we live in was our dad's property and apparently his sister's taking the house. My mom really didn't want to cause anything between us and dad's family, so we were forced to move out by next school year."

     "Exactly the last day of school? Or during summer?"

     "Mid-summer is when we'll be moving.."

     "But..there's only three months left of school!"

     She smiles sadly at me.

     "(Y/n)..."

~

[ Q: What do you think should happen next? (I'm expecting some weird answers or not but okay HAHAHA)

Vote, comment, and share! ]