12 - A One-Sided Feeling

Chapter 12 - A One-Sided Feeling

*Your POV*

Things have gone back to normal and I'm more than happy about that. Except for the fact that I've already fallen for Laurance without me noticing until it was too late. But hey, that's how it works, right?

We still talk and stuff. Not a single person knows I like him. But I'm kinda positive that this will just pass.

Whenever there's a conversation going on between us, it's awkward for me, but I don't show it. So things are cool.

"Hey (Y/n), wanna go to my place later?" Cadenza asks. We're currently roaming around the school since it's our vacant period. I think so are Travis and Dante but whatever.

"Sure. What do you have in mind?" I say.

"I recently bought a lifetime's supply of gummy bears. Which, for me, isn't really a lifetime. So wanna go raid it?"

"Why would you buy a ton of gummy bears?" I laughed. It was ridiculous, admit it.

"I honestly don't know." She shrugs as if it wasn't such a big deal. "I just did."

"What, are you pregnant or something?" I joked.

She laughed. "I could be, but I'm not. I just love gummy bears that much."

"Apparently." I laugh.

Then she stopped in her tracks and she looked at a distance. "Oh. My. Irene."

"What?"

"Do you see those?" She beamed, pointing at an area.

I looked at where she was looking and saw a bunch of students sewing up costumes for the play. Theater club's about to make a play sooner or later on Pride and Prejudice.

"Yeah, what about them?"

She looked at me like it was obvious and she ran to the group of girls, with me trailing behind her and failing.

As soon as I got there, they were already talking.

"Pride and Prejudice? Are you serious?!" Cadenza squealed.

"Yeah." Donna said, a Theater club member. "Why?"

"That gown looks gorgeous!" Cadenza looked in awe at what Donna was sewing. "Can I help?"

"Uh..sure. Are you experienced with needles?"

"Not really. But I'd love to learn how to!"

Donna looked hesitant but nodded. She taught Cadenza about sewing and in the end, Cadenza sews like a pro. And ten minutes didn't even pass by!

"Wow. I just taught you so little and now you're better than me?" Donna said, obviously amazed.

"I dunno. I just went with my gut. Maybe somewhere somehow in another world, I'm a professional sewer, you know?" Cadenza shrugged.

We looked at her with our mouths hanging open and laughed.

"What an imagination, Cadenza." Donna.

"I know! How and why do I come up with these things?" Cadenza laughed.

"But seriously, you're a natural. You should join the theater club! We'd love your help with the costumes." I say.

"Hm...seems like a great idea. I'll think about it."