8 - Losing Everything On Purpose pt.2

Chapter 8 - Losing Everything on Purpose pt.2

*Your POV*

   This would be better if this was in a classroom. But no, life had to be so cruel to bring me and my to-be former friends here in an open space where we can so roam around and question me about my life choices.

   But really, I hope my friendship with these people will last. Even though I'm the one risking it.

   Though for the record, I'm not really bad at tennis.

   Our PE teacher blew his whistle. "Alright, pair up!" The words I was afraid to hear. "You are allowed to play with them freely for today. Be sure to accomplish each mechanic in the sport."

   I felt the pang of deja vu when students started pairing up and I just watched. First day all over again. People were laughing and giggling together and I suddenly felt the urge to slap those smiles off their faces which serve as salt in the wound.

   I have lots of friends here, but currently not talking to them. The irony of life is aimed at me, huh?

   People started to count down fast and I just stood there looking as dumb as ever.

   I feel so awkward right now because my friends were there, staring at me. Not even bothering to partner with each other. They were waiting for me, questioning faces saying 'who do you wanna partner with? It's okay, we get it. You're in a struggle.' Which made me feel SO much worse. Like, seriously guys? Please spare me! Geez. Though I know they aren't even doing anything wrong..

   In the end, worst case scenario happened. I was paired with Laurance. Like, how awesome is that?! Again, if you don't get the sarcasm there, we won't get along too much.

   I was just silent. I took the racket and so did he and he just stared at me. Me? Duh, I look away. I can't play like this.

~

   In the end, we did play. Though awkwardly. He smiled at me constantly as though nothing happened which really didn't help my case. I was being HORRIBLE to them and still, they're there.

   I was going to leave when Laurance followed me.

   "Hey.." He started.

   I didn't answer and just stood there with my back to him.

   "How are things?" He continued.

   No answer.

   "You were great at tennis."

   I looked down. Please stop..

   "Can't you at least answer me?" Desperation obvious in his tone.

   I can't...or I'll break down.

   "Have you been avoiding us?"

   I fought back tears. I just stood there, not moving. Please don't, Laurance. I can't....

   "(Y/n)...please, you can't just suddenly disappear like that then expect us to just accept it."

   My tears fought back and won. I'm just glad he couldn't see me right now. I started walking on and ignored him. I can't let him see me like this.

   "(Y/n)..."

   I ran. I ran home and not even bothering to deal with Ivy who complained when I bumped into her. I don't even care that she smirked when she saw me crying. I just need to get out of that place.