14 - Stage Acts pt 1

Chapter 14 - Stage Acts pt. 1

*Your POV*

     A new event is occurring at school and this time, Theater Club isn't participating. But guess what? I'm still carrying the burden of participating. I'm in charge of audio since I'm the master at it, more so the only one who knows how to manage the studio at the time.

     The event's called Stage Acts Performances. It's like Sports Fest but more on the stage. Stuff like singing, dancing, acting or other weird stuff excluding sports and arts, sadly. Binge Arts is another event for another time. We could participate individually, dually, in a triad or in bigger groups. Since there were these choices, our club decided to let us decide which part we take. So if one wants to go alone, then he or she can.

     "OH MY IRENE, I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS YEAR'S S.A.P!!!" Katelyn squealed. I'm at the lunch table complete with everyone. We're talking about the event, obviously.

     "Why so excited, Katelyn? Are you planning on participating?" Travis.

     "N-No!" She turned red. "I can't do that! I'm only good at sports.."

     "Nuh-uh! I've heard you sing!" Aphmau.

     "Aphmau's right, you're so good!" Nicole.

     "Shut it, Nicole, Aphmau. And...that's not true." Katelyn. Tsundere-mode activated.

     "Really? What about we hear Katelyn~Sama sing?" Kawaii~Chan.

     Katelyn? Sing? I was NOT AT ALL expecting that. Who knew?

     "NO WAY!" Katelyn.

     "What? Scared to be embarassed?" Lucinda.

     "There's no way Katelyn'll be embarrassed at singing, that's how good she just is!" Nicole.

     "Her pitches were perfect!!" Aphmau.

     "What?! The Katelyn I know only knows baseball pitches. Wait... If that even is a thing." Luci.

     "Shut it, Lucinda!"

     Same arguments as ever, huh? I try not butting in anymore in these little petty fights they have. Though it only causes me to get left out. But what's the point in arguing, anyway?

     "I've always wondered why you don't participate in our conversations.." Laurance said, facing me.

     "I could say the same to you." I reply.

     "Heh, fair enough." He shrugged. "So what are you planning for S.A.P? You gonna try to impress me, Damsel?"

     "Don't call me that. And besides, there's nothing for me to impress in you."

     "Ouch. Harsh." He placed his hand on his chest to add a 'dramatic' effect. "But then...shall I call you Princess?"

     "No."

     "My Queen?"

     "Don't even."

     "Babe?"

     "Stop!"

     "You say you want me to stop when you're blushing." He smirks.

     I look away. "Shut up! You're the one who's flirting with this beautiful goddess!"

     "More like the demon goddess!"

     "Works too." I shrug. "I would look hot as hell!"