21 - Dense

Chapter 21 - Dense

*Your POV*

It's already been two months since that day when I told Laurance off. Two months. Two months of him avoiding me, not talking to me. He wouldn't even look at me. I know it's my fault, and it's what I "wanted". But I still miss our senseless bickerings.

I still get to see my friends though. But they know as well what had happened through Katelyn. We still sometimes eat lunch together, but distance between me and him was respected by each member of our group.

But considering he really became a big part of my life and I only have two months left before actually leaving, it's kinda melancholic. Plus it doesn't really help that the school's promenade is almost here.

Of course, being a junior, I have to be there. At least that's of what I know. Eyanne's even looking up some gowns so I could choose which one I'd like to wear at the prom. Mom's been looking up some make up tutorials and hair tutorials for ideas. She's already pretty good at those stuff but I guess it's just this big a deal for her.

As for me? Well, I'm just remixing background music for the Drama Club's upcoming film project for the event. Katelyn's been helping me, saying I have to get into the "mood" of the film. I just nod, even though I don't really get it.

Prom aside, Sports Fest is in a week. I'm only good at soccer and volleyball, the rest? I don't really know. I could play other sports but not really good. I guess our other batchmates will have to make do with what we have anyway. Plus, this year's freshmen are real sports geeks, especially Eyanne's gang.

The thing about the Junior soccer team is, I'm one of the people competing in the Sports Fest. I'm competing for volleyball too. But the thing is, Laurance is the soccer team's captain. So that's just great.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" I see Amber running over to me. "We have practice 'til 5pm." She's talking about soccer.

"I'll be there." I smile.

"See ya then?"

"Yeah."

I'm going to have to admit, I love soccer, but I hate these practices. It makes avoiding Laurance harder than how it already is.

*Laurance's POV*

It hasn't really been easy ever since that day when (Y/n) stood up to me. Man, have I really been that much of a jerk lately? Oh my Irene, I suck.

If only I could just tell her that those things weren't fake, and I was--am just too much of a coward to tell her. I'm too scared to tell her.. I already love her. I love (Y/n).

"Hasn't she told you she likes you?" Garroth once said.

"Yeah, but she means it in a friendly way, probably. We've been best friends and lately all I did was humiliate her. No reason for her to actually like-like me." And then Garroth just nods and then we go back to a new topic.

We haven't been talking about (Y/n) much since that day. It was only that one time. I think that they think that I'm still sensitive about the subject and don't really wanna talk about it. Truth is, I actually want to talk about (Y/n). I want to know how she's doing, if she's okay, if she's happy, or if she's going through something and I could finally actually help.

These past two months I've been giving (Y/n) some space for her to cool down. I guess it's actually the right move since she wouldn't even approach me or talk to me. But sometimes I feel her looking at me, but I just brush it off. An eye contact wouldn't really make things any less awkward.

"Okay, is everyone here?" I call out to the Junior soccer team. Which, sort of unfortunately, (Y/n)'s there.

Practice for us is just kind of free kicks and five on five. It does us well, though.

But aside from soccer, I'm actually on the basketball team. Every student has to participate in at least two activities during Sports Fest. Whether it be for the booths or the sports occurrences themselves.

But today, I looked at (Y/n). Of course, she wasn't looking at me. But I just looked at her on her free kicks and...something's different about her.

Her eyes don't have the glint it always had. It's just a dull, broken color. She smiles, but I can tell it's not really the smile I came to know. I miss her. Two months of not even looking at her face pains me, but I guess I deserve it.

I watch her run towards her friend, Amber. She laughs, but she really doesn't. Am I really the reason for this facade?

It pains to know that I actually hurt her.. (Y/n)..

~

[ Short chapter, sorry. But next chapter will hopefully be more eventful. This is just a sort of imagery (I think that's what it's called?) on what's happening. ]