11 - It Can't Be

Chapter 11 - It Can't Be

*Your POV*

     Currently heading home with all my friends just laughing and telling ridiculous stories. Irene, I missed them so much. We just came back from my dad's grave but thanks to them, it wasn't such a pain.

     I must be ridiculous and dumb to avoid them. No, actually I'm stupid. What kind of jerk am I? How much of a jerk am I?

     "We should probably be heading home now." Garroth.

     "Same here, my dad would go nuts." Katelyn.

     "Same thing with my mom." Aphmau.

     I smiled. "You guys can all go now. Thanks."

     They smiled back.

     "Group hug!" Cadenza called and they all ran to me and we shared the greatest hug ever in eternity.

     I waved at them goodbye but then I notice someone who didn't really leave.

     "Laurance? Don't you need to go home?" I ask.

     "Figured I wanted to talk to you alone." He shrugged.

     I looked down and smiled. "Hey, thanks. Out of everyone, you were the first to notice something was wrong. Thanks for that."

     "Cause I'm awesome like that." He winked.

     "Yeah, I guess you are." I look away.

     "Well that took you a while to fall for me."

     "I am NOT!"

     "I refuse to believe you." He teased.

     "Shut up, you're not that beautiful."

     "But you're admitting I'm beautiful."

     "Oh my Irene, your ego!" I punched him playfully in my arm.

     "Don't worry, you're beautiful too."

     I scowl at him.

     "What? You don't think you're beautiful?"

     "Oh, I'm beautiful, alright."

     We both laughed. Irene, I missed these playful conversations. Not really caring about anything, but then again, we have to consider our parents.

     "Shouldn't you be heading home?" I ask.

     "Yeah..about that.." He scratches the back of his head. "(Y/n), I don't like what happened to you--to us all-- one bit. So..if there's anything wrong. At any cost, can you please open up to me? I wanna be there whenever you need me. You're a really great friend of mine, and..I don't want you to suffer the same way again."

     I smile. "Sure. Now go home, doofus." I push him playfully and he laughs. I do, too.

     Laurance is just that guy who won't give up on you, huh? He'll just continue with pushing you until you break and let him help you. And he's not that guy that'll get clingy, touchy or mushy with you. He'll be that guy who'll laugh with you and tease you and be arrogant and keep the air away from tension and awkwardness.

     I smile, barely avoiding the cat in my way.

     He's that playful and competitive guy. He won't let you win, he'll compete with you and that makes you feel better. He doesn't treat you like a wimp that needs mercy just to feel good about herself, no. He's this guy that'll head on and beat you if he can, and lose he does.

     And he saw through me when no one could see. He knew me and not just for this person to have fun with and be with.

     I stopped in my tracks. Did I just pass by my house? I looked back and saw that I was two blocks away. Oops. Must've been lost in my own thoughts.

     I walk back, kicking a stone ahead of me.

     I wonder if I'm even deserving to Laurance's friend. Those times I've pushed him away and left him in the dark, he still stayed. He was the only one who actually showed that he cared, and he understood.

     I stopped as soon as I realized I was just about to pass by my home. Not again.

     I headed on in and saw Eyanne on the couch, on her laptop.

     "You passed by our house, earlier." She says, not looking up from her laptop.

     "No I didn't." I didn't wanna embarrass myself so I went upstairs. My Irene, she saw that?

     I threw my bag beside my bed and buried my face on my mattress. Wow, I'm so tired.

     I wonder if Laurance is already home.

     What in the name of Irene, why do I keep thinking of Laurance?! I throw a pillow at the door.

     Do I like Laurance?

[ Cheesy part on chapper 11! XD

Q: Who do you think would freak out while they read this and imagine that this was you?

Vote, comment and share for glitter!. ]