13 - Causing Own's Pain

Chapter 13 - Causing Own's Pain

*Your POV*

"Laurance..." I started.

"Yeah?"

"Are you and Aphmau really that close?" I tried to act as if it were nothing, but it freaking was and I'm sweating!

"Well, yeah. We're really good friends. Wait, are you jealous? Don't tell me you've already fallen for my....--me." He raised his eyebrow.

I turned red and exploded. "You just blocked out my comeback!"

He winked. "'Cause I'm awesome like that."

I breathed angrily, but then my mind went back to our topic. "Well...you like Aphmau, don't you?"

He looked at me, amused.

"Just answer the question!!" I wacked his head.

"Ow! Okay, okay!" He rubbed his head. "Yes, I like Aphmau." Heart. Officially. Broken. "But it's not like I was hiding it or anything. She really is awesome." Shattered. "And...although I like her, many more do. Like, Aaron, Garroth and well, me." He just keeps on stepping on my heart, doesn't he? "She's really unique. She's feisty, humble, nice, competitive, an achiever. And her looks are just a bonus. But... I have less than a quarter a chance for her..." His tone turned depressed.

"W-Why so?" Shut up, self! Why the hell are you stuttering?! And why am I talking to myself?! Thinking, rather.

"I feel like, Aaron has more of a chance. I mean, I know he's outta school and all, but...there's this game where he and Aphmau still hang. Kinda makes me jealous, you know?" And now I'm no longer the one who has the shattered heart. Well, I guess I still do but now I know I'm not the ONLY one, that is.

"Although...did she say anything about liking him?"

"They say they love each other," pain was obvious in his voice. "But I don't really know if it's in a friendly way or in a lovey way."

"So...what do you plan on doing, then?" WHY DO I KEEP RUBBING SALT IN MY OWN WOUND?!

"It wouldn't really be effective to fight for her, right?" He smiled then looked down. "It would be the same as forcing her to love someone."

I just looked at him. He really damn likes Aphmau, alright. Even though it hurts, having him for myself wouldn't be right, either..

"If two guys were to fight for a girl, do you think the winner instantly gets the damsel? It's as good as betting luck on love." He smiles at me. "So, we can never be independent on fate. It's just how it works."

We can never be independent on fate, it's just how it works...

But...Laurance, I like you. Although...you like Aphmau. Argh! I don't know what to feel anymore!

Then...what'll my fate be?

[ HAI! I made this in a hurry because you SENPAIS couldn't wait!

Also, I needed a part like this published so yeah.

Vote, comment and share!! ]