Rubber Ducky - ImmortalAnex

Every once in a while, people get stressed. And when one is stressed, one needs to find a way to calm down, to unwind. For some, this relaxation is reached by listening to music, by having a nap, by drawing, playing a video game... any number of things.

Others still like to do something childish, like the way they used to when they were younger. Something to remind themselves of their young, carefree life. Relaxation at its finest. 

Aleks was one of these people. When he was stressed, he would almost... regress into a childlike state, much to Kevin's amusement. 

This happened to be one day in a long line in which Aleks was feeling stressed beyond belief. So many things had been piling up and it was almost too much. 

So that's why Aleks was currently filling the bathtub with warm water and bubble bath. When he was satisfied with the amount of water, he turned off the taps and reached for the bag next to him. He picked it up and emptied the bath toys into the tub. He paused, checking them all. He smiled when he saw the duck. 

Quickly, he stripped down and climbed into the tub, sunking slightly into the water. He closed his eyes, sighing in relief. He could almost feel the stress leaking out of him into the water. He smiled, feeling better already. His eyes opened again, and a childish gleam was present. 

He sat up straight, looking gleefully at the bath toys. His hand reached out, grabbing the colourful plastic boat. For a few minutes he swished it around in the water, writing a story of a sailor in his head as he did. Soon, however, he lost interest, as any young child would do. He let go of the the boat, and it floated away with the gentle ripples of the bath. His eyes sought out his favourite toy, the best toy. The bright yellow rubber duck. 

He snatched it up, smiling brightly. The stress from before was now all but gone, and deteriorating rapidly. He pushed the duck around, back and forth, forth and back, side to side... Into a large pile of bubbles. Aleks giggled. He giggled so much he didn't hear the door open, or notice Kevin walk in and see him, stopping short at the sight before him.

Kevin watched for a moment in slight surprise at the sight before him: Aleks sitting in a bubble bath with bath toys, giggling to himself. For a moment, Kevin wondered if his friend had gone insane. Then, he let out a laugh. 

Aleks's giggle cut off abruptly, and he looked sharply at the doorway, where Kevin was now standing, laughing properly now. 

"A-Aleks..." Kevin managed to say through laughs. "Wh-What are you doing?!" 

"Kevin!" Aleks moved swiftly, pushing bubbles around to cover himself and the bath toys. 

Kevin attempted to calm himself, and eventually succeeded. A small smile remained on his face, however, and he spoke. "Seriously, Aleks, what are you doing?" 

"I'm having a bath," Aleks stated simply, a pinkish tinge on his face.

"But why the toys?"

"Do we really need to have this conversation now? Here?" 

"You're just avoiding the topic," Kevin replied in a sing song voice.

"No, I'm just feeling a bit weird what with my best friend standing in the room while I'm having a goddamn bath."

"Would you rather I joined you?" 

Aleks looked at Kevin in shock, and for a moment he seriously considered saying yes, but then Kevin laughed. 

"Whatever, dude, sorry for interrupting whatever kinky shit you get into in your free time." Kevin laughed to himself as he walked out, pulling the door shut behind him.

"IT'S NOT KINKY, IT'S STRESS RELIEVING!" Aleks shouted at the now closed door.

"THAT'S NOT ANY LESS WEIRD," Kevin yelled back, laughter evident in his voice. 

Aleks couldn't help but smile as he lay back again, relaxing into the water for the second time.

------

technically not really immortalanex but what are u gonna do about it hmm

not a song fic either but it's songfics/oneshots so there

anyway

friend gave me this idea so friend if you're reading then thanks friend for doing the thing with the prompt