Of Cold Days and Warm Cuddles (re-upload)

why the fuck wasn't this just in here to begin with i do not know 

also im stupid and almost added it to TagABeautifulGirl heH oops

--

Imagine it's the coldest day of winter and the heating goes out in the building your OTP is in, so they must snuggle by the fire in fluffy blankets to keep warm

            The snow fell past the windows, landing on the ground and creating the illusion of an impenetrable layer of white. It was one of the coldest winters in ten years. But it was okay, because everyone who had any sense was cooped up away indoors, heating on high and wearing ugly sweaters. Nobody really minded, though, because with snow and winter brought a feeling of happiness and warmth that one would not usually expect in the middle of December. The kind of warmth you get when you’re around family and friends, winter brought with it a feeling of comfort and the need to curl up in some blankets on the couch and watch a quiet movie or read a book with a cup of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows… etc, etc.

             So, when the heater stopped working, and nobody nearby knew how to fix it, Aleks found himself in quite the predicament. He didn't notice at first when the power went out. Of course, some heat lingered in the few minutes after, so naturally he didn't notice immediately. Even when the heat had all gone, it had disappeared gradually, so it was only after he shivered for the tenth time he realised something was off. He stood up from his computer and opened his bedroom door. The house was oddly silent, but that was probably because its loudest occupant was currently elsewhere. Eddie had gone out to buy groceries as they were running dangerously low on Pepsi Max, as well as other essentials like milk and bread. So, apart from Kevin, Aleks was alone in the house. Kevin was visiting Aleks and Eddie for a few weeks and was therefore staying with them.

            Aleks left his room and walked down the hall a bit. He knocked on the guest room door. "Kevin?" He called.

            He heard rustling of bed sheets and then footsteps. The door opened, revealing a shivering Kevin standing in the doorway.

            Aleks bit his lip to stop from laughing. "So I'm guessing you did notice the heat was gone?"

            Kevin gave a shivery smile. "Shut up, you fucker. How do we fix it?"

            "Fix the heater? I have no idea,” Aleks replied, his tone aloof.

            "What?!" Kevin exclaimed, his arms wrapped around his shoulders. “We’re going to freeze to death.”

            “Oh, you’re worried about that?” Aleks said dismissively, waving his hands. “Don’t be so dramatic. We’ll be fine.”

            Kevin frowned. “Aleks. Are you aware of the temperature? Do you realise how fucking cold it is? The heater’s dead, and it’s the coldest winter in a million years!”

            “We’ll be fine,” Aleks repeated. “Grab as many blankets as you can find and change into your warmest closed. Meet me downstairs on the couch in ten minutes. There are spare blankets in the closet down the hall.”

            Without another word, Aleks swept off into his room, leaving Kevin feeling rather perplexed.  Kevin was still standing in the doorway when Aleks walked by, dressed in sweatpants and a thick sweater, carrying his own blanket with him. “Well, hurry up,” was all Aleks said as he waltzed downstairs into the kitchen.

Kevin snapped out of his reverie and turned back to his room. He rifled through his suitcase – he hadn’t bothered to put anything into the drawers – for his warmest clothes. He changed into them and grabbed his blanket off the bed, folding it haphazardly and walking to the closet, pulling out some warm fleeces before heading downstairs, as Aleks had instructed. He arrived in the living room to find Aleks sitting on the couch, curled up in his blanket, tentatively sipping a mug of hot chocolate. Another mug sat on the table, steaming slightly. Kevin walked over and placed the blankets on the arm of the sofa.