Pokémon - ImmortalAnex

"Are you still playing that game?" Kevin asked, walking into the living room to find Aleks sprawled haphazardly on the couch, DS in his hands.

"Mm? Oh, yeah," Aleks muttered, his eyes not leaving the two screens.

Kevin sighed. "When are you gonna take a break? You've been playing it for the past three days. I feel like I haven't even seen you."

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Sounds like a great plan, Sly," the Russian replied absently.

Frustration evident in his tone, Kevin raised his voice. "Aleks!"

"What?" Aleks jumped, startled, and promptly fell off the couch. His DS slipped out of his hand, bouncing on the floor and some how managing to slide under the couch. "Fuck," he muttered, straightening himself out and reaching under the couch to grab it. "Oh, hi, Kevin," he said, finally noticing the other. "What's up?" He asked casually, as if forgetting the fact that he was currently sprawled on the floor, his arm reaching under the couch at an awkward angle.

"You're not even listening to me, Aleks," Kevin said sadly. "You've become completely invested in that game for the past however many days. I feel like I'm not even here anymore."

"I'm sorry, Kevin." Aleks's hand found the DS and he smiled, pulling it out from under the couch. Upon seeing it, Kevin sighed. Aleks looked up at him, and then back at the DS. The Russian stood up from the ground and walked over to Kevin, holding the DS out to him.

Kevin just looked at it. "What?"

"Take it, you dumb."

Warily, Kevin took the DS out of Aleks's hands and looked at it. On the screen was the Pokédex entry of a shiny Buizel.

Kevin looked at Aleks blankly. Aleks sighed.

"It's a shiny Pokémon. They're super rare."

"Congratulations?" Kevin said, still not quite sure how this was relevant, and slightly annoyed that Aleks was completely ignoring what he was saying.

Aleks sighed again, more aggravated this time. "Look at its name!"

Kevin looked at the screen, searching for the name.

Aleks had named the Buizel, "Kevin<3". Kevin looked at it for a moment, fighting a smile. He handed the DS back to Aleks.

"You're so lame," Kevin said, but Aleks could see the smile on his face.

"But you love it," Aleks said seriously. He stepped forward, kissing Kevin gently on the cheek. "Give me five more minutes to beat the gym leader and then we can do something, okay?"

Kevin smiled - properly this time. "Sounds like a plan." He'd never say it out loud, but Kevin thought that Aleks naming the Pokémon after him was the most adorable thing in the world.

---------------

aww