Too Much Time Away - ImmortalAnex

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

His foot hit the cement ground beneath him repeatedly and quickly. He was so worried. What if Kevin had found someone else while they were apart? Sure, a couple months wasn't much time, but that doesn't mean something couldn't have happened.

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

Aleks's foot increased speed. Why had they picked such a public place to meet? And here of all places? A park with beautiful flowers and freshly mown grass; It looked like a nice place. And it was, if you ignored all the little kids running and screaming after the family dogs, none of who knew precisely what a bathroom was.

Aleks's nerves were still on end. What if they ran out of things to say to each other? What if they didn't know what to say at all? Aleks checked his watch. 12:27. Kevin wasn't to meet him until 12:30. Another three minutes. Three whole minutes. 180 seconds. Aleks wasn't sure if he could wait that long.

God, he'd missed Kevin so much. It had only been four months but it felt like eternity. Skype calls weren't enough. Aleks wanted to be able to hold Kevin, and to hug him and kiss him and all that other cheesy shit. Aleks needed it.

12:29.

Taptaptaptap.

Jittery, nervous, panicked, butterflies in his stomach. Aleks couldn't take it. He stood up off the wooden bench and began walking back and forth the length of it. He realised his breathing was choppy, and his hands were shaking. His legs felt like rubber. Maybe he should sit down again.

Tap, tap, tap, tap!

12.31. Kevin was late.

'It's okay, it's only a minute, it's not like he's decided to never show up. When is anyone ever precisely on time, right?' Aleks's inner voice kept him sane. Well, mostly.

TAP TAP TAP TAP.

12:34

TAP TAP TAP TAP.

12:38

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

12:45

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

Aleks looked around, searching for any sign of Kevin. He found nothing.

12:58

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Aleks was slouched on the bench, practically lying down, his one leg still on the ground, tapping away - albeit slower now. He should've known something like this would happen. Kevin probably DID find someone else. He wasn't coming.

1:16

Aleks's foot had stopped tapping, now. He glanced at his watch again and finally decided to give up and go home. He had a lot of moping to do. He stood up slowly, dejected. He straightened out his jacket and brushed off his clothes. He turned from the bench and began walking.

"Aleks? Aleks!"

At the sound of that voice calling his name, he turned immediately. Kevin was a few metres away, standing on the path behind him, smiling delightedly. Within a millisecond, Aleks's sadness dissipated and his face split into a wide grin. He dashed towards Kevin at lightning speed, and the younger barely had time to register what was happening and open his arms before Aleks collided with him with such force he nearly sent the two of them flying backwards. Aleks wrapped his arms tightly around Kevin, never wanting to let go again.

"Nice to see you, too," Kevin said, smiling as he returned the hug with equal squashiness. "Sorry I'm late, by the way."

"I thought you weren't coming," Aleks admitted, his voice muffled by Kevin's coat.

"Don't be ridiculous. I love you."

Aleks's smile widened, and he nuzzled his face deeper into Kevin's coat.

"I love you, too."

----------

ugh