Under A Paper Moon ~ ImmortalAnex

Their relationship was a good one. It had no problems, they had no quarrels, and they were happy. One would think they had nothing to worry about. And it was true: They loved each other so much that they shouldn't have worried about the other being unfaithful.

But worry they did nonetheless. They never spoke of their worries, but they would often act upon them.

Who was that girl hanging off Kevin's every word at the grocery store? Aleks made sure she never did so again.

Who was that girl trailing after Aleks and laughing at everything he said at the mall? Kevin made sure she lost Aleks's number, among other things.

More often than not, it was Kevin acting upon his suspicions. Aleks was rather more relaxed, most of the time. He saw nothing wrong in using his looks to attract girls to him: it wasn't as if he cared about them. All he cared about was how their blood would flow out of their wounds and how /weak/ they were. It was pitifully easy to get rid of them.  However, since meeting Kevin he'd noticed it had become increasingly difficult to get them to want him. It was no matter: He'd figure something out, and hopefully soon, or else Kevin would have to be his next victim.

~

Drowsily, Aleks came to. He was uncomfortable, his back and neck ached, and his head was pounding.

'What happened yesterday?' He wondered. He realised he was sitting in a chair. He moved to get up but then it dawned on him that he'd been tied to the chair. His arms were behind his back, bound together tightly. Another rope was around his neck, forcing him to sit up straight, and he couldn't look around without the ropes scratching painfully at his skin. His legs were tied together as well, and as best as Aleks could tell they were attached to the chair. 

"What the hell?" He asked aloud, although he was almost certain he was alone. He couldn't see much because the light was lacking, but in the dimness of the room he recognised a few things here and there: Pictures. Pictures of him. Aleks frowned. There were pictures everywhere of him, but not just him. The pictures where he was with his friends had been defaced - Literally.

He was beginning to feel worried: Who had kidnapped him and for what reason? 

"Hello?" He called out, not expecting an answer. 

He heard a door open behind him and light flooded the room. His chair, he realised, was directly in front of the door, front facing away. He knew this because the light from the door framed his chair perfectly. His breath caught in his throat when he saw a shadow step into the doorway. 

"Who are you?" He asked nervously.

"Don't you recognise me?" A voice asked, and there was hurt in it. 

"... Kevin? What the hell? Why did you kidnap me?" Aleks twisted and turned in his seat, trying to look around, but the ropes were too tight. "Can you let me out of this thing?"

"No, I'm afraid I can't," he said, and then he walked around to stand in front of Aleks. "I can't untie you because then you'll leave me, and I can't let that happen."

"Leave you? What the - ?" Aleks stuttered over his words. The stupidity of what Kevin said shocked him. Leave Kevin? He would never do that.

"Don't play stupid with me," Kevin snarled. "I know what's going on. I can see the way you talk to all those girls when we're out and about. I see the way they look at you. I'm not blind Aleks."

"Kevin, do you really think I'd stoop so low as to leave someone like you for one of those whores?" 

"Yes I do!" Kevin yelled suddenly, inches from Aleks face. Aleks recoiled in fear, nearly falling backwards, but Kevin grabbed the chair before it could fall. "I'm sorry, Aleks, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Please forgive me." Kevin's voice changed from menacing to caring and sweet within milliseconds, and this only made Aleks more terrified.