Kid!ImmortalAnex

“AleksAleksAleksAleksAleksAleksAleks!”

“What, Kevin?”

            “Will you play with me?” The eyes of the six year old shone brightly.

Aleks smiled at his friend. “Sure. What do you want to play?”

“SANDBOX!” Kevin yelled, so excited he couldn’t bother to speak a full sentence. He dashed off towards the playground. Aleks ran after him, a smile on his face. He reached the sandbox where Kevin was already sprawled out. Aleks climbed in, grabbing a shovel and a pail.

“I beat you,” Kevin announced triumphantly, a hint of smugness in his voice.

“What?”

“I beat you. In the race to the sandbox.”

“No you didn’t, you never said it was a race!” Aleks protested.

“I still beat you!” Kevin sang, a smile on his face when he realised Aleks was getting annoyed. He was funny when he was annoyed, although Kevin would never do anything to actually be mean to him.

“That’s not fair; you didn’t say it was a race so you can’t say you won!” Aleks’s voice was raised slightly as he got more worked up. “Kevin?” He said, when the other was silent for a few seconds.

But Kevin had stopped listening. He was looking at something over Aleks’s shoulder, a look of curiosity and perhaps wonderment in his eyes.

“What?” Aleks asked, looking around.

On a park bench behind them, a teenage couple sat, laughing and giggling to each other, lost in their own world together.

Aleks looked back at Kevin, who was still looking at the couple. For a few moments, Aleks gazed at Kevin thoughtfully.

“Hey, Kevin?”

“Yeah?” The six year old’s eyes were still glued to the two teenagers on the bench.

“One day, that’ll be you and me,” Aleks said confidently, smiling.

Kevin finally looked away from the other two, his eyes meeting Aleks’s. A smile of his own grew.

“Really?” He asked.

Aleks nodded. “I promise.”

Kevin’s smile brightened tenfold, and with a small laugh between the two of them, they went back to playing in the sand.

~~Fifteen years later~~

Aleks left his house, pulling up the hood of his jacket against the rain. He felt something like nervousness, but squashed it immediately by reviewing his plan. He was grateful he knew the way to Kevin’s house by heart, because the rain as heavy as it was meant that he basically had to look down at the sidewalk to avoid getting water in his eyes.

He reached Kevin’s house quicker than he thought he would, but it was no matter. He wanted to do this as soon as possible. Smiling to himself, he knocked on the door. It opened in a few minutes afterwards, revealing a pleasantly surprised Kevin.

“Hey,” he greeted. “I didn’t know you were coming over.” Kevin stepped to the side to let Aleks in, shutting the door behind him.

“I know. I probably should have called or something, but you know. Whenever I decide to do something I have to do it right away or never do it at all.”

Kevin laughed. “Right. What was so important about coming over here, then?”

Aleks shifted nervously. “Well… Do you remember that time when we were little?”

“Oh right yeah, that totally specific time that you’re describing in great detail. I know that one.” Kevin nodded seriously.

“Shut up, I wasn’t finished. I meant that one time we were playing in the sandbox and you were talking about how you beat me in the race and –“

“And you were whining like a little bitch that it wasn’t fair because I –“

“- Never said it was a race! You legitimately never said it was a race, so it doesn’t count. It wasn’t fair and I stand by that argument. Anyway, then you got distracted by those people on the bench behind us?” Aleks was beginning to get slightly nervous.

“Yes…” Kevin said slowly, wondering where Aleks was going with this.

“Well… you remember how I said that one day that’d be us?”

“Actually, you said, ‘One day, that’ll be you and me.’” Kevin corrected.

“Yeah and … wait, you remember it that well?”

“It tends to happen when you think about something a lot.”

“You really thought about it that much?” Aleks asked.

“You did promise. I just wondered whether you’d break it or not.”

“Well, here’s me not breaking that promise,” Aleks said, stepping forward and kissing Kevin quickly on the lips. He pulled back before even a second had gone by, looking at the ground to hide the obvious blush on his face. “Sorry,” he mumbled.

Kevin smiled widely. “Sorry for what? Stopping?”

Aleks looked up, a similar smile playing on his lips.

“Let’s go be that couple on the bench,” he suggested.

They made their way to the same park from all those years ago, sitting on the same bench near the sandbox. They reminisced on all the times they had together as kids at the playground, laughing and giggling occasionally at each other.

So lost in their own world were they that they didn’t notice the two young boys, perhaps six and seven, run to the sandbox. Feeling eyes on them, Aleks and Kevin looked up, noticing with some shock the familiar looking boys at the sandbox.

For a few moments, they looked at each other in surprise. Then the boy with his back to Aleks and Kevin looked back at the other boy, saying something to him that the older two couldn’t quite hear. The younger boy looked away from the two on the bench, a wide smile growing on his face.

Aleks and Kevin looked at each other, their astonishment and incredulity mirroring on each other’s faces.

“Was that…?”

---------------------------------

yo whaddup 

i almost made this an acutal series thing for reasons but then i decided not to for some other reasons

i feel like i tried to hard to make this good but i don't care i like it and things like this are like "dude wait what" and i don't see enough mind boggly stuff s o o o yeah. not to say this is particularly mind boggly, in fact i feel like it's rather predictable, but oh well. yolo right (no) 

i was going to say something else but i forgot 

don't forget to like comment and subscribe. if u liked the video a lot, please add it to your favourites, it really helps me out. and share it with ur friends on twitter and tumblr. also tell your grandmother.

 edit; i remember the thing i forgot. kid!Aleks is 7, kid!Kevin is 6, as u should know if u read the story. seriously who doesn't read the actual story but instead just reads the author's notes. that's... that's messed up, dude. if u do that u should be sent to jail. seriously.