CHAPTER 16

>>ⒿⒶⓈⓜⒾⓃⒺ<<

"She's taking it very seriously"

I scowled. "No shit, Sherlock."

Vincent frowned. "Not my fault..", he mumbled.

"What did you say?", I demand.

"Nothing......darling."

I smirked. "Thought at much."

"Jeez! You two are like a married couple. Already."

My head instantly snapped in the direction of her voice. Shit. Shit shit sheeeet. I looked at her. "When did you get here? What did you hear?", I asked in a panic.

"Urgh, Jas. Don't worry- I'm not interested in your couple topics." Cecilia rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. I looked at her. "Jasmine! Drop it already! I didn't hear anything other than the part that you totally owned him." Se smirked at the last part.

"Whaa...?"

Cecilia sighed and shook her head. "Anyways, who wants pizza? I'm going to the store to pick up a few things, so I guess I can get pizza on the way back."

"Yeah, sure! Vinny ! Honey.....what pizza do you want?"

"Vinny", Cecilia snickered. When I glared at her she turned her laugh ino a caughing fit. "Really, Jas. Don't make your boy gay. Vinny.. Pfft!" I raised an eyebrow at her. "Okay, then! Who wants pizza? I'll order and pick it up. Arighty! Buhbye!"

She grabbed her bag and made a mad dash out the door. I smiled and shouted after her, "Oh, don't forget to get some stuff for Vincent! He's staying now, remember?"

"Whatevs! He's a prince- make him buy it himself."

"That's exactly what princes don't do, Cecilia.", Vincent stated.

Ha!

Cecilia appeared at the door. "Eff you."

"Bye!" I shooed her.

"You owe me. Big time.", she said.

"Sure, now shoo!" Vincent waved her off like a prince ( no pun intended ) and Cecilia flipped him off.

Once she walked out to the road, me and Vincent high fived and grinned like fools.

I pointed my finger at him. "Remember, you idiot, this. Is. For. You. " He nodded vigorously, grinning like a carefree schoolboy. I smile. If only he shows the carefree side to Cecilia. "Don't lose the opportunity, okay?"

He smiled. "Just wait for the opportune moment."

"You better make this worthwhile." I looked at him in warning and walk away- into the kitchen!

"Fetch me a muffin please, Jasmine."

"Get it yourself you pompous prince." I plopped down onto the couch in self-satisfaction. When Cecilia's away, it's my time to boss the prince around.

•••CECILIA ƇᎾИИΛĿƐĪƓĤ•••

I picked up the pizza and headed back home, arms full with groceries.

"Hey there. You need any help?"

I looked up and meet gazes with a blonde hunk of hotness. Green eyes, built body, handsome face, boyish smile. He wore a half sleeve black leather jacket with a white V neck inside and black pants ( not that I'm looking down there ! Who do you people think I am ?! ) .

I blush. "Umm.. Sure, thanks." He took a few bags from my hands.

"And who might you be?", he asked me.

I blush, yet again. "Drey. And you?"

"Marc."

"Marc? Like, Marc Jacobs?" I teased him.

Marc huffed. "I wish!"

"Yea- you'll be rich ,have everyone at your feet and every lady at your hand."

"For now, I'm sure one lady is enough for me." He smiled at me. HE smiled at ME. ME. I'm already swooning. My heart is fainting dramatically.

"Soooo.. Um. Where do you live? I mean, I haven't seen you around before- well, not that I go out much in the first place. I mean, uh.. Oh My God." I stuttered. I freakin' stuttered !

I rolled my eyes at myself. I put my hand to my forehead and pursed my lips. How pathetic am I ?

"Hey- don't cover that pretty face. I like that you're blushing, too. It makes my confidence and ego a little boost."

I look at him incredulously. "Oh it does, does it?"

"Yeah. Of course."

We neared the turning into the house.

"So.. I'll see you Saturday?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Saturday?" I don't remember saying anything about Saturday.

"Yeah." He set the stuff down beside me. " You. Me. Dinner. I'll pick you up. No objections. Bye !" And he ran off with a carefree boyish grin ,leaving me very confused at my doorstep with all my stuff.

Oh my. Marc, I gotta hand it to you. That was smooooth.