CHAPTER 3

•••V̲̅I̲̅N̲̅C̲̅E̲̅N̲̅T̲̅ D̲̅E̲̅L̲̅R̲̅O̲̅U̲̅G̲̅H̲̅•••

"Vincent, I have heard that Lady Brietta has accepted our invitation and she say that her daughter would be more than happy to be acquainted with you.", my mother said proudly. "I shall arrange the first two dances for you two."

"Yes, mama. ", I agreed obediently.

"Good God, mama! This is the twenty first century. Souldn't things be modernized a bit by now? Dances, old fashioned parties, and even the way we speak sounds centuries old! I bet that you haven't even heard of Facebook !", brother exclaimed.

"That, Gabriel , is what we call holding on to the olden royal heritage. This separates us from the commoners. ",my mother said .

"That's probably why we don't have friends", Gabriel mumbled to himself.

That's what I love about Gabriel. He speaks his mind and he has his own way of living.

Soon, I will be like that. I just have to wait a few more days.

I smile mischievously to myself.

"Mama", I said in a faked interested voice, "What is Lady Brietta's daughter's name?"

"From what I have heard, her name is Cecilianna Belle Abernethy. Lady Brietta said that she has only turned twenty five a few days ago."

I choked on the tea I was drinking. "Twenty five ?!"

Gabriel looked at me with wide surprised eyes and then burst into a fit of laughter. "Haha! Vincent, your future wife would be eight years your senior ! She is old, I must say!"