CHAPTER 7

"On three." Jasmine whispered as she peered out the 'spy hole' -you know the thing that you look through to see who's your door..- at the door. " One..."

"-Two...."

We look at each other and nodded. "Three! " and we yanked the door open and found a shell-shocked ( and seemingly familiar ) boy standing at our door.

"What-", I opened my mouth to say something, but Jasmine yelled, "Murderer!!!!!!!" And slammed the door closed at his face. The door closed just in time for me to see him flinch.

A few moments of heavy breathing and utter silence, until his voice interrupted us.

"Just so you know, I'm not a murderer!!", the boy yelled suggestively from the other side of the door.

I glared at Jasmine and I got a sheepish grin as a reply from her. I rolled my eyes and yanked the door open. Surprisingly the boy was still there, rubbing his nose.

"Um.. You okay there?", I asked.

"....Cecilia...?", he said

I gasped. "How did you know my name?!"

"Stalker !!!!!!", Jasmine screamed. Just as she reached for the door , I held on to it and blocked her way before she could slam it.

I cocked my head and raised my eyebrow at her. She laughed nervously. "Heh. Reflexes."

I opened the door wider ."Uh.. Why don't you come in and we could ..er... "

"Clear the charges?", Jasmine said suggestively.

I looked at Jasmine. "What?!"

"Hey- I slammed the door in his face. He's bound to press charges or sue me." She said rather cheerfully. "In fact," ,she pointed at me then her, " sue us. "

"What da hell Jass ! You crazy ? Do you have a wish to go to jail or something?!"

The boy chuckled. "I like you already, Cecilia."

I gaped at him. " 'Scuse meh ?"

•••V̲̅I̲̅N̲̅C̲̅E̲̅N̲̅T̲̅ D̲̅E̲̅L̲̅R̲̅O̲̅U̲̅G̲̅H̲̅•••

She seems so utterly confused and clueless about my mother's plans to acquaint us.

We sat down on the couch opposing each other. Her friend sat beside her. The faced me and looked at me as if I spoke an entirely different language.

"I am supposed to pick you up and bring you back to the palace in time for the dance.", I helpfully reminded her. I caught her confused look and said, "but of course you must've lost track of time here. "

"Here?" , she asked cluelessly.

Which part of 'I am taking you back to where I came from' doesn't she understand? Has she really forgotten?

"What about here? ", she asked

"Have you forgotten? Your mother made plans with my mother so that I could pick you up and bring you home." I lost it when she gave me an increduluos look. "Did you bang your head on the wall or something? How could you forget? This was planned barely two days ago."

•••CECILIA ƇᎾИИΛĿƐĪƓĤ•••

"What's his problem?"' Jasmine leaned in towards me and whispered. I shrugged.

We looked at each other confusingly.

What is this guy on to?!

I decided to attack this problem one step at a time. "So, you say I'm going to be stuck in a vehicle with you and only you ,going to I-have-no-idea-where at such a short notice."

He nodded.

"And you said that my mother...", I glanced at Jasmine then continued, '...she planned this with your mother?"

He nodded again.

This is weird.

"Ok. First of all; I don't even know you. Second, how does you mother know my mother? Are they collegues or something? "

"Everybody knows Lady Brietta."

"Umm.. Woman who?"

He looked at me questioningly. "Lady Brietta. Your mother?" He emphasized on the 'Lady'.

"No no no ! No ! Just ... No ! ", I stood up and started pacing.

"Wh-", he looked at me.

"Ok. I don't know who you are or where you're from. I have no clue who that lady is and she is most definitely not my mother. How did you find me ,and what do you want from us?" I looked at him. Anger boiled inside me.

What the hell is going on? One minute I bump into this random tourist on the road and the next minute he shows up at my doorstep telling me that I have a mom named lady what's-her-name and that he's my ride to some palace for some dance.

The dude even had the guts to say that I banged my head on a wall for some reason!

"Is this some kond of sick joke? Are there hidden cameras or something?" I waved my arms in the air ,hoping I'll catch any CCTV camera movements.

Jasmine was staring into space with her mouth gaping open .