CHAPTER 5

•••V̲̅I̲̅N̲̅C̲̅E̲̅N̲̅T̲̅ D̲̅E̲̅L̲̅R̲̅O̲̅U̲̅G̲̅H̲̅•••

I am officially in New York City.

Day 1 : Wednesday.

There was nothing much around when I areived. As soon as I stepped out from the plane, bodyguards instantly surrounded me and ushered me into the limo. Mama insisted that I check in to the best hotel in the city, but I insisted that I would rather stay at cousin Zachary's place.

Cousin Zachary is a poor lad who is my cousin twice removed. He did a few things to get him knocked off from the family tree. So, as a result, he must move to another country and live there until the members of the royal council decide to bring him back. To him, that is highly doubted as none of the council members really liked him. That must probably be because of the pranks he played on a few on them when he was younger,

Now, he reached his eighth prime number of his life; age 23 .

Mama decided that it was best for me to lay low for the moment, and finally allowed me to stay with Zachary for the night.

When I showed on on Zachary's doorstep -a very neat apartment, indeed!- he accepted me into his household with open arms. ' "Gaaaaaarrrrrry! Get out! My cousin's here!" ' ,he shouted at his um...guest.

Oh, and another reason for being removed from the royal's list is that he, too, is gay. Just like Gabriel. Yup ! I know ! I'm also surprised that I'm not one of them! But just as Gabriel always says, I should 'hang around and find out'- referring to wether or not I am gay. Seeing as I am already 17, I think my status as a straight man ( as Gabriel would put it ) is pretty much confirmed.

Day 2 : Thursday

I roamed about on my own and tried to get to know the city. I bumped into a few people who were apparently too busy to apologize

I saw a big classy high school not far from me and decided to go there and ask for directions.

"Uh.. Excuse me? I-"

"Outtof mah way, punk!"

"Um.. Can I ask-"

"Move it !"

I sighed. "Anyone?"

I turned aound on the spot and searched to unoccupied people to help me.

"Yo, pampered prince. Need help?"

I turned aroound and found a girl with dark hair with a bright streak of red at the side. She was smiling challengingly at me.

She furrowed her eyebrows and narrowed her eyes at me. "Hey- you."

•••CECILIA ƇᎾИИΛĿƐĪƓĤ•••

I stood in front of the boy and waved my hand in front of his face to get his attention. "Helloooooooooo?"

"What?"

"You look lost....?", I hinted.

"Yes. Yes, I need directions to this place.", he said politely.

Whoa- he's like some posh and pampered prince. He's British and it's really hard not to realise. He has floppy dirty blonde hair which covered his forehead messily. He looks my age and he's not that bad lookin'. He's actually lookin' quite fiiiiiine.. He was wearing some outfit that kind of looked like it was taken out from a nineteenth century wardrobe. And by the looks if it ,he wasn't just an ordinary tourist.

He showed me an address to a hotel. Not just any hotel, but one of the most expensive and classy ones in the who city ! Wow this guy is rich !

"Whoa- you sure you got the right place?", I asked teasingly.

"I hope so. Uh- this is New York City, is it not?", he asked slightly panicked and looked around.

I raised an eyebrow and chuckled lightly. "How could you not know this is the NYC? I mean, look around."

He looked around and took in the busy environment then turned back to me, "What about it?", he asked cluelessly.

I literally facepalmed myself. I looked at him disbelievingly and said, "You're kidding me."

I shook my head and then gave him the direction. Then, I turned on my heels and started walking the opposite direction and away from the cluless kid. I stuffed my hands in my jacket pocket and put my hoodie on. I slung my backpack over my shoulder then walked down the road and into the street that led me home.

This week, I have to stay at my parent's house. They said they would pay me 200 bucks if I cleaned the whole house spotless in three days. Obviously, I agreed.

I turned into a lane to the house and then walked down a long road. Making sure to duck my head ever so slightly to ensure nobody recognises me, I continued walking.

After a five minute walk, I turned into the house and took out the key. I unlocked the door and went inside. Clothes were chucked everywhere and I already know that none other than my cousin Jasmine was here.

"Jass ! You in?", I shouted up the stairs.

"Heeyyy ! Cecilia ! You're back!", she said cheerfully as she appeared at the top of the stairs. I rolled my eyes lazily at my name. Cecilia. I shivered.

I casually stomped up the stairs and into my room. I flicked the switch to the lights and switched on the air conditioning. I dumped my bad on a chair then plopped down head first onto my comfy cool bed.

"Ceciliaaaaa !", Jasmine yelled on top of her lungs. I had to close my ears at her screechy shout.

-------