BIABY: 14

NOTE: Christmas has passed and it's now Jetta's birthday! Go read!

Jetta's POV:

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jetta! Happy birthday to you!" A faint light filled my dark room as my eyes ajusted to the light change. Adelyn was in Brittany's arms as they both held a small cake in front of them. I sat up in bed.

"Oh thank you!" I grinned and poked Adelyn's cheeks. She squealed then threw her small hands ontop of the cake, knocking it out of Brittany's hands and onto the floor. Her little mouth made the shape of an 'O' and slid her frosting covered hands to her face in embarassment. I had to laugh at her. It was impossible not to.

Brittany sighed and stared at the cake on the floor, "I spent the last two hours making that. Anyway, what do you want to do tonight?" I smiled at her little ADD fit she just had, "How about we stay home and watch a movie and have a buttload of popcorn with the cheese and ranch seasoning? It's nothing special." "Jet, it's your eighteenth birthday! But sure, whatever you want I guess," she set Adelyn down on the bed next to me and picked up as much of the cake as she could.

Brittany's POV:

I spent all morning making that cake. Damnit. I glanced over to Jetta's hand a few times as we bantered back and forth about the birthday party. The ring on her finger distracted me. It couldn't have been an engagement ring, but could it be? Her and Ashton getting back together? I phoned Luke to double check.

"Hullo?" Luke answered the phone sounding tired. He must have just woke up. "Hey babe, sorry for waking you, but are Ashton and Jet together?"

"Hold on," I heard the scuffling of sheets and a few curses from Luke's mouth until he returned back on the phone, "I dropped the phone, sorry, what did you say?" I repeated what I had already asked him as I washed my hands and cleaned off all of the frosting.

"I don't think so. I thought they hated each other? Ashton hasn't told me anything." Luke spoke and I could imagine him furrowing his brow. "I'm not even sure anymore. But wait, didn't the two of them dissapear into the kitchen last night and they both didn't come back for about twenty minutes?" I said.

"I dunno, I was piss drunk. If so that means that they probably had se-" "LUCAS! I don't wanna hear about that!" I screamed and quickly threw my hand off of the counters. That nasty couple...

"What? I'm just stating the obvious! We probably did that once, too." 

"Okay well never mind. I'll find out on my own. Let me know if you find something out. Bye babe, love you." We said our goodbyes and I sat down on the living room couch. I tacked up a list on the notes in my phone of what we would need tonight for Jetta's tiny party. Popcorn, the two seasonings, soda, pizza, and definately candy.

I sighed and heaved myself off of the couch. I got a light jacket and left a note for Jetta telling her where I was because I didn't want to go all the way back in her room to tell her. Grabbing my keys, I hopped into the drivers seat and put my CD in the player. Oh Luke Bryan, how I love you and your voice. I drove off to the store to the sweet sound of Luke Bryan.

I got everything I needed except the soda and candy and I made my way back to that part of the store. I wondered on what kinds of candy to get as I walked slowly to it. Sour patch, anything Hersheys for sure, twix bars, and a lot of warheads because those are Jetta's favorite. As I sorted through the piles of candy, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Miss me sweetheart?" He whispered as an arm wrapped around my backside. I groaned and threw his arm off of me, "Never in a million years. Get away from me you freak. Go bug someone else. I thought we already had this talk before."