BIABY: 2

Author's POV:

Jetta layed in the hospital bed in excruciating pain. Her best friend Brittany sat beside her holding her hand as she squeezed the life out of it. The doctor told Jetta that she was getting closer to be able to see her baby soon. The hours went by so slow. Finally, seven hours of labor went by and the baby was coming. Jetta screamed the whole time, sweat poured down her face and soaked through her shirt.

The small scrawny baby girl came into the world at 5:36 AM on Monday September 18th, 2011. Adelyn Jessa Krow had small tufts of brown hair on her head and shining blue eyes with hazel flecks surrounding the pupil. This baby was absolutely stunning. Jetta wished that Adelyn's dad could be there to see her take her first breaths, Adelyn's eyes opening, even her sounding her first cry. Although, Adelyn's dad couldn't be there. No one knew where he was ever since High School was over. He disappeared from sight and mind-other than Jetta's.

Jetta dreamed of this boy ever since the night she got pregnant. The dreams she had about him made her wake up sobbing. She wished that he would come back and comfort her, but Jetta knew that wouldn't happen. He didn't even know Jetta was pregnant. Jetta finally found out once she started gaining some weight after school was out. Brittany was the only one who accepted Jetta. Her family threw her out, thinking she was a huge disgrace to their family. 'Who in their right mind would even try to have sex at this age?' they would shout at her. Jetta left with only the clothes on her back and went to the only place she knew she could still be loved.

Jetta held her baby girl in her arms for the first time with tears running freely down her cheeks. She was happy she had Adelyn, but that's not the only reason why she was crying. Jetta was thinking about Adelyn's father. She looked so much like him: the tiny nose, same colored hair, and even the stupid god damn dimples! Why did Adelyn have to have the head-over-heels dimples!? There was even a reason to name her Adelyn; Jetta wanted her to have the same first and last initials as her father if they both ever got back together. Even though that definitely would never happen again. He left and never came back. He broke poor Jetta's heart.

Jetta's POV:

"Come on Ade, I have to finish getting you ready. Aunt Brittany is going to take us to go see Uncle Lukeyyyy," I cooed in a baby voice, trying to fit the little lime green onesie onto Adelyn's chubby body. She squealed in delight when I blew raspberries on her stomach and it tickled me to see my beautiful baby happy. I fit the snug onesie on her round belly and snapped the buttons shut. I picked her up, talking baby talk with her and went to get ready myself after setting Adelyn in her crib beside my bed.

I got a red tank top out of my closet to go along with my white jean shorts and black flip flops. I quickly changed in the bathroom and went back into my bedroom to do my makeup. I got eyeliner and started to trace my upper eyelid while Adelyn screeched playing with some toy. I mentally laughed and finished my makeup. Adelyn squealed when she saw me coming near her. She tried to sit up, yet failed and rolled over onto her back instead.

"How's my pretty baby? Huh? Hi Adelyn!" I waved to her and a span of confusion washed over her face. She lifted up her hand and shook her fist back and forth. "Ade! You are such a smart girl!" I bounced her up and down on my knee. She laughed, drool dribbled down her chin and onto my leg. I cringed in disgust, but hey, babies do come with drool...

A beep sounded from outside and I heard a car door slam. I gathered everything Adelyn would need and stuffed it in her baby bag. I put my little one in her car seat and Brittany entered the room. She didn't look very happy, but that's only because she just got off of work. She took one look at Adelyn and her face lightened up a lot.