Chapter 11- A Rude Awakening

Chapter 11

February 14th

Shane’s POV

Once Joey had gone back to bed, I finished my water and put my cup and Joey’s cup into the dishwasher.

"God, that was the most awkward conversation I’ve had..." I thought to myself.

I was so surprised Joey was gay. Yeah, he did act a bit gay, but that was really mostly just on camera. He had always seemed so masculine and straight, what with dating the amount of girls he had.

"He had a new girl every week, that man..." I laughed to myself as I thought about the 6 billion girlfriends Joey had had since the time I met him years ago.

I finished putting the other dishes that were in the sink into the dishwasher, then went back to my room to go to bed. I put on my pajama pants and a t-shirt, then climbed into bed next to Lisa.

“Shane...? S’that you?” Lisa mumbled, still half asleep.

“Yeah. Go back to bed. Love you.” I replied, then cuddled up to Lisa and fell asleep.

February 15th

I woke up with the sun shining right in my eyes.

“Get up, lazyass! We are going house hunting today!” I heard Lisa’s voice say.

“What time is it?” I grumbled back at her.

“9 AM. Get dressed and eat something, we are leaving in 45 minutes. Joey needs to move somewhere. I can’t have him living with us for much longer. I mean, we just got ENGAGED for gods sake. We need our privacy, right?”

“Ugh... Yeah... Ok, I’ll be up in like 10...” I yawned loudly, “10 Minutes...”

“You better. I’m making eggs, want some?” She asked me.

“Scrambled? Or fried?”

“Scrambled.”

“Yeah, why not...” I yawned again. “Thanks Lisa.” I rolled over and fell back asleep.

“ARGH! WHAT THE FUCK?!” I re awoke to an unpleasant bucket of ice cold water on my head, and a lack of a bed underneath me. “LISA! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” I yelled, fully awake.

“Well, you fell asleep again... It’s past 10. I thought you needed a boost...” Lisa smirked. I could tell she was enjoying this.

“COFFEE WOULD HAVE WORKED TOO!!!” I grumbled. I got up and plodded to the bathroom to grab a towel. I was soaked, and freezing. After peeling my sopping wet pajamas off me, I turned on the hot water in the shower and got in. I stood there for a while, warming up, then got out and got dressed. I shaved my face, washed it again, then went out to the living room. I noticed that Joey wasn't up yet.

My eggs sat on the table, stone cold. I threw them into the microwave and heated them up. As they heated, I went into the front yard and grabbed the paper. I went back in and ate my eggs and read the paper. After I was done, I grabbed socks and shoes, then my coat. Lisa plodded down the hallway in a long coat and uggs, and together we left to go househunting.