Chapter 9- New Roomate

Chapter 9

February 14th

Shane’s POV

Joey walked back to my truck after the confrontation with Sawyer, and I followed him. I swung up into the driver’s seat, turning the engine on once I sat. Before pulling out of my parking space, I turned to Joey.

“What the hell was that about, Joey? Why was Sawyer crying?”

“It’s... It’s a long story... Short version: Sawyer is gay, he likes me, I don’t like him back that way, he stormed out of a not-date-dinner-date to find his car stolen, so he punched a brick wall and broke his knuckles. Happy? Now take me back to my place, I need my stuff. I’m moving out, but to where, I have no idea.” He put on his seatbelt and I did the same, then he crossed his arms with an angry look on his adorable face.

"Whoa... Did I just think of Joey’s face as adorable? I’m straight, plus I’m engaged! What the hell am I thinking?!" I thought to myself.

“Um... Wow. Ok... That’s a lot to process. As for the housing issue, you can stay with Lisa and I until you find a new apartment or whatever. The spare bedroom is open.”

“Thanks, Shane. You’re a great friend.”

“Sure, anything for you Joey. You’re one of my best friends. Shoey forever, right?” I grinned and laughed at him.

“Yeah...” He smiled, seeming sad. Why was it he had been so sad lately? Every time I was with him...

Is it me causing his sadness? "I hope not..." I thought to myself. "No, of course not... Why would it be my fault?"

I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to Sawyer’s apartment to get Joey’s stuff. A while later, we arrived. Traffic was terrible, but somehow we made it in less than an hour. It had already gotten dark, so I followed Joey inside to get his stuff.

“Can you help me? I have a list of things I need... I made it a while ago. It’s a list of things I would need cause Sawyer and I were talking about getting a bigger apartment.” He handed me a list he pulled off his desk.

Essentials for Moving Day:

Clothes- DO NOT FORGET UNDERWEAR OR SOCKS!!!!

Sharky-B

Toiletries: Toothbrush, razor, hair products, etc.

Pillow

Blanket

Vlogging Cam

Laptop

Phone

Other electronics and accessories- iPod, earbuds, laptop stand, tripod, etc.

I laughed when I saw the first thing on the list.

    “Joey, do you often forget socks and underwear when you go on trips?” I looked at him, smirking. He blushed.

    “Um... Well, honestly, yep. Just help me start packing, dipshit.” He shook his head, but I could see the small smile on his lips.

I went into the bathroom and started gathering his toiletries into a little traveling case, while Joey packed up clothes. After those were packed, we snugly fit his breakable electronics into a small briefcase. As we packed, Joey put on music, and we danced and sang to it.

“I chime in with a ‘Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?!’ No, it's much better to face these kinds of things, with a sense of poise and rationality. I chime in, ‘Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?!’ No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality, again!!!” We sang, loudly and not too on-key.

“Shane, I didn’t know you liked Panic! at the Disco!” Joey laughed at me as we danced stupidly.

“I don't really know any of their other songs except this one, but I really like this one!” I smiled and jammed out while I packed his laptop into the briefcase.

Finally, we had everything packed up. We took it all to my truck and packed it into the back seat and bed. We got in, ready to go back to my place.

“Oh crap! I forgot something! One sec, I’ll be right back.” Joey exclaimed. He jumped out of the truck and ran back inside, returning five minutes later with a small tote in his hand.

“What did you forget?” I asked Joey as he climbed back in.

“Well, actually... I forgot socks and underwear...” He blushed and laughed a bit.

“REALLY?!” I laughed at him, tears of joy springing into my eyes. I couldn't breathe. Joey frowned at me, but I could detect a hint of laughter behind the frown on his face.

“Hey!!! It’s not that funny...” His eyes sparkled, and suddenly he burst out laughing. “I guess it is actually pretty funny...” Joey choked out.

We calmed down and were able to pull away from Sawyer’s without crashing. Joey turned on the radio to FM 99.7, where “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus was playing. We sang as loudly and obnoxiously as we could. I could tell that Joey was happy at this point, and it made me feel good that he was distracted enough to be able to choke from laughing.

“Oh! I just realized that I haven’t vlogged all day! I better do that quickly...” Joey exclaimed. He twisted in his seat and pulled out his vlogging camera from his briefcase.

“Hello there, all you chickadeeanyas! I’m here in Shane’s car with none other than the driver and owner of this truck himself, Shane Dawson! Say hi, Shane!” He turned the camera on me, and I waved and made a duck face.

“How beautiful, Shane,” He turned the camera back on himself. “So, we are on our way to Shane’s house, cause I’m going to be staying with Shane and Lisa for a while. I got into an argument with Sawyer, over what I’m not going to share yet, but I decided it would be better to move out and Shane offered to let me stay with him and Lisa till I find my own place. Thanks Shane! I’ll catch up with you guys once we get back to his place.” Joey covered the lens with his hand and turned off the camera.  

We pulled into the parking garage of my apartment complex and got all of Joey’s stuff from the back, still giggling to ourselves. I unlocked the front door and went in, Joey behind me. Lisa lay stretched out on the couch in a lacy bra and matching thong.

“Hey, babe- What the hell is Joey doing here?!?!?” Lisa exclaimed.