Chapter 16- Betrayed By Lisa

Chapter 16

February 15th, Late Afternoon

Shane’s POV

Finally, FINALLY, Lisa and I got home. She dragged me all over hell and creation, AKA the mall and many “for rent” apartments. Even with the amount of places for Joey that we looked at, none of them were right to Lisa. Either too close to our house, to unsatisfactory, too small, too expensive, or too large. Finally, after four hours of looking, Lisa dragged me to the mall to look at dresses for her new music video shoot.

"THAT WAS UTTER HELL. THE MALL IS SATAN’S PIT." I thought, as soon as we walked through the door. I collapsed on the couch and turned on the TV.

“Oh, Lisa, Cupcake Wars is on! Come watch with me!” I got excited and called Lisa over. Cupcake Wars was my favorite show.

“Ok, one sec.” Lisa finished putting her bags into our room and came and curled up next to me on the couch.

About 20 minutes in, Lisa’s phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and checked the text. I peeked over to see who it was from... “The Crew” was the contact name.

“The boss is downstairs with the Prisoner. Keep all eyes peeled and protect the Boss at all times. I think the Prisoner is up to something... Stupid Graceffa.” Read the text.

"Stupid Graceffa? The Prisoner? The Boss? What is going on, and how is Lisa involved?!?!?!" I thought.

“Lisa... What’s going on here?” I asked.

“Oh... Shit. You weren’t supposed to see that...” Lisa fumbled with her phone, trying to delete the text messages. Quickly I snatched her phone out of her hands and read the messages. A few words popped out at me.

Kidnapped... Joey Graceffa... Scumbag... Beat him... Make him pay... Sawyer Hartman...

I panicked, slowly realizing what it all meant.

“JOEY!!!!!!!” I yelled. I called his phone number. I heard his ringtone singing from down the hall.

“Let’s kill tonight, kill tonight! Show them all you’re not the ordinary type, let’s kill tonight!” A song by Joey’s favorite artist, Panic! at the Disco.

One of his favorite songs... Set as MY ringtone. I realized sadly.

I have to go save him... I thought to myself.

“Lisa, you better tell me where the fuck they are keeping Joey!” I yelled at Lisa, fuming. She cowered under my cold stare.

“Oregon... I’ll text you the address...” She whispered. My phone buzzed a second later with the address.

An old army base?

“Oh, and while I’m at it, we’re through. How could you help to get Joey kidnapped and tortured? I HATE you, Lisa. HATE you with all of my soul. Pack your stuff. I’m kicking you out.” I told her. She nodded timidly and began to cry. I ignored her tears.

And with that, I turned on my heel and went to go find Joey and bring him home safely.