Chapter 7- A Not-Date-Dinner-Date Part 2

Part Two, Chapter 7

Sawyer’s POV

    Ten minutes later, I sat on the living room couch, waiting for Joey. "He takes forever..." I thought. I checked my watch again. It had been 14 minutes since Joey told me 10. Just then, he walked downstairs and called to me. I got up and went to the door. I couldn't help checking Joey out though. He looked good in dark skinny jeans, a plain, slim fitting blue t-shirt, and a striped scarf thrown around his neck. His hair was down in a more emo-esque style, and I could tell he re-dyed a strip of it dark blue. It stood out from his almost-blonde hair.

“You look good...” I ventured. He smiled at me.

“Thanks, you too.” He replied. I wore a plain, tight fitting white t-shirt and black jeans. Joey grabbed his plain gray sweatshirt, then he opened the door and let me through, following me.

“Oh, Sawyer, do you want me to drive, or do you want to?” He asked me.

“Um, why don't we take Victoria? Is that ok with you? I’d rather drive.” I answered.

“Yeah, that’s cool. Do you have your keys? I think I already locked the door.”

“Yeah, I always do. Where are we going, by the way?” I asked as we got in to Victoria, my yellow Aston Martin.

“Oh... Didn't think about that, haha. What do you think?” He laughed.

“I honestly have no idea. How about Steak n’ Shake? I love that place!”

“Cool, s’long as they have chicken!!!! I love me some chickeneyanya!!!!” He laughed, and my heart jumped in my chest.

A while later, we pulled into the parking lot of Steak n’ Shake. I parked Victoria, and we went inside. It took us 15 minutes to get seated, but finally a hostess brought us to a booth in the back of the restaurant. We ordered our food, (a cheese burger for me, a chicken sandwich for Joey) and the hostess took our menus away.

“Joey... When did you realize you were gay... And loved Shane?” I asked Joey.

“Well... I guess I kinda knew after that kiss back in April, you know, the one for Shane’s “Dare the Dawson” video. I didn’t really know that I was gay until about 3 weeks after mulling over the kiss and how I felt afterwards, to be honest. When did you... You know, fall for me... And figure out your sexuality?”

“I don't really know, honestly. I guess always, but I just never knew. My feelings were always hiding from me, to put it in the most simple form of explanation.” I blushed. "What was it with all the blushing lately?"

“Oh. I suppose I understand, like, that’s how I felt about Shane...”

“Uhuh.” I grunted oddly, just to fill the silence.

“Sawyer, I’m so so sorry. I don't know why I only like you as a friend, you’re a really great friend though. I don’t want our friendship to change over something this small, I really need you in my life as a friend!” Joey suddenly burst out. I felt the anger rising inside me.

“If you wanted to keep me as a friend, then why not just have said you were straight when I told you I liked you?!?!?!?!?!” I heard my voice rising, and I struggled to not flip out.

“I don't know! I want to be honest with you, you’re one of my best friends!!”

“Sometimes, Joey, you need to think of the bigger picture and the consequences of the things you say. I’m sorry, but I’m leaving. Get a taxi.”

I threw down a 50 dollar bill angrily.

“Dinner’s on me.” I snarled, then turned on my heel and stormed out of Steak n’ Shake. I looked around for Victoria, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I’m sure I parked her right over there... Maybe not? I thought, worried. I walked around the parking lot, looking for her vivid yellow coat. I began to get worried, as I didn't see her in the lot. I went out to the sidewalk and looked on the street. Not there either. Then I realized what had happened.

Someone stole my car!!!! My expensive, beautiful Aston Martin was gone!!!!

I turned to the brick wall of Steak n’ Shake and punched it with my right hand, using all my strength. It hurt so badly; I knew I had shattered a knuckle or two. I slid down the wall, beginning to cry. I sat with my back against the wall, cradling my broken right hand in my left, and sobbing from the pain of my hand, the pain Joey caused me, and the pain of having my car stolen from under my nose.

"I hate myself... I wish I could just die..."