Chapter 5- Confessional

Chapter 5

February 14th

Sawyer’s POV

I flopped on my bed, and re-read the last text that I almost sent to Joey.

“Joey- I love you.”

This was my chance to tell Joey. I knew that he wasn't gay, but I needed to tell someone and he was my best friend. I pulled out my iPhone again and opened a new message. I typed in his number, then the message.

“Joey- I have something really important to tell you. Can you come to my room?” Before I could chicken out, I hit send. A minute later the reply came.

“Yeah, sure. Be right there.” It read. seconds later I heard a knock on my door and Joey walked in.

“What’s up, Sawyer?” He asked me. I sat up on my bed and gestured to the spot next to me. He sat down.    

“Joey... I have something really important to tell you that you can NOT tell ANYONE. EVER. Promise?” I asked Joey.

“Yeah, of course. I promise.” He replied.

“Joey... I... I’m gay... And I love you...” I awkwardly blushed. Joey gawped at me.

“I... I’d never have guessed. Goodness Gracianious! Wow... Well, Sawyer, to be honest, I think you are a great friend and all, but-” I cut him off.

“Yeah, You’re straight. I know.” My face fell.

“No, let me finish. I’m gay too, but I’m... I’m in love with Shane...” I stared at Joey.

“He is gay... But he never told me? And he loves SHANE?!?!?!” I thought to myself.

“Wow... Well... Ok... But isn't Shane straight?” I asked desperately.

“Yeah... In fact, That’s where I was today. At Shane’s, helping him get ready for his proposal. Sawyer, him and Lisa are getting married! They're engaged now!” Joey sniffled and his eyes filled with tears.

“So that’s why he was crying earlier... Shit...” I thought.

“I'm sorry, Joey.” I patted his shoulder.

“No, it’s ok. Sorry, but I don't like you that way...” He awkwardly stood up. “I should probably go get the pizza... Happy Valentine’s Day, Sawyer.” He walked out, closing the door quietly behind him. I flopped back onto my bed, face down, and buried my face in the pillow.

“Well, at least he’s gay... Maybe I can think of a way to seduce him...” I thought. Suddenly, I came up with a plan. I sat up, grabbed my phone, and texted Tyler Oakley, another friend and YouTuber.

“Can you help me with something?” I texted him. The reply came a few minutes later.

“Yeah, what is it?” The text read.

“So first off, I’m gay and in love with Joey. Second, Joey is gay but he loves Shane, who is engaged to Lisa... I need to seduce him. I have a plan...”