Prologue

(Elena's POV)

~Flashback~

"Elena, can't you make your parents let you stay?" My best friend Molly said.

"I wish, but they won't let me." I said frowning.

"I am going to miss you." She said, a tear rolling down her face.

"I am going to miss you too." I said and hugged her.

"Promise me we will meet again or we will try to find each other again." She said still hugging me tight.

"I promise." I said.

"Elena, honey it's time to go." My mom shouted from the car.

"Bye Molly." I said as I let go from the hug unwillingly.

"Bye Elena." She said tears still falling from her eyes, that were now rimed red. Her once bright green eyes were now dull and life less. I slowly made my way to the car. Once I got in, I knew I may never see her again.

~Flashback Over~

I was only six when we first moved. I am fifteen now. The only time I ever really had a normal life. Molly was my best friend. She was always there for me. I thought once I moved I would be able to regain someone like her, but that never happened. My family never stayed in one place for more than a year. So I stopped trying to make friends because I would just lose them once I moved the following year.

Not only does it save me tears, but it also saves the people I am leaving tears too. Because of this, I have picked up a habit that really, when you think of it, is not one you should have. Shutting everyone and everything out. I only talk to people when I have to. Other than that I am in my own world, doing my own thing. I also found a love for books, music, and video games because of this.

I stared out of the window of the car watching the trees fly by. I saw my faint reflection in the window of the car. I can see my pale skin, dark brown eyes and purple streaked hair. Then I saw the sign come into view. The one indicating I am now in the new state I would be living in for the next year. New York.

Time for another year in a new and strange place.....