~Chapter 3~

-My New Start

(Elena's POV- One Week Later)

My alarm clock goes off, exactly at six in the morning. But instead of just simply waking me up, it startles me and I end up falling out of my bed onto the cold wood floor. This is possibly the best way to start my day when I am going to my new school. Six is a normal time for me to wake up for school. I would have woken up before my alarm went off if I wasn't so tired. But that's life. I spent the past weeks trying to adjust. Then when my parents finally said I should start going to my new school they gave me everything I needed and said 'Your going to school on Monday.' I was like ok sure. Didn't really mean it, but I have to at some point go to the school, whether it is sooner or later. So I chose sooner.

I take my normal hour to take a shower, and get everything ready, pack my lunch and head to school. My dad said that he can drive me this morning. So instead of me walking and becoming lost I did the smart thing and said yes. On the way there my dad kept trying to convince me that the kids at the school are not self absorbed, brats. But I don't take my chances. We finally arrive at the school. It doesn't look that bad, right now.

The school didn't look half bad. Didn't really look like a fancy school, just looked like a regular school. There was a long brick pathway through a large field of grass that lead to the front doors of the school were it had in big letters 'Nicole Adams School of the Arts'. I walk through the large crowd of students out and inside the school trying to find my way to the main office. I came in the middle of the school year so I will be very behind in every class.

I finally find the main office and I walk up to the front desk and ask for my schedule. But instead of just simply getting my schedule the woman asked my name, then asked what I wanted to take in the arts part. I had to choose from Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Choir. So I thought. I don't like dancing, I hate singing in front of people, I can only play maybe two instruments, and I can't pretend or direct people for nothing, but I am the best at drawing. So I told her Art. Once the woman finally gave my schedule to me I thanked her and looked at Monday first period. It said 'History Mr. Gall'. I started to head to class even though I would be ten minutes early, but I can easily get lost just like in my house. Plus if I get there early I can pick my seat, introduce myself, and ask for a catch up on what the class is learning at the moment.

I find my way through the halls looking for room 120. Once I found it, I knock on the door and walk in. A man with long brown hair, brown eyes, wearing glasses, a black suit with a white tie was sitting at the desk in front on the classroom.

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Gall?" I ask.

"Yes, I am Mr. Gall. What is your name?" He said in a deep voice.

"My name is Elena Sarcov." I said.

"Oh, you must be the new transfer from New York, right?" He questioned.

"Yes that's me." I replied smiling. First impressions is everything.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

"Oh, on my schedule it says I have you first period, and I wanted to find the classroom early so I don't get lost and end up late. Also I need to ask you some questions." I explained.

"OK, what questions do you have? I will be happy to answer them." He asked/said.

"Well, I wanted to know what the class has been working on lately so I can catch up." I said.

"Well, for a new student the first thing I usually hear come out of their mouths is nothing for the first two weeks. But first day and you are already trying to catch up, with the class. That's a new one." He said surprised. I give him a blank stare.