~Chapter 30~

-Strengths And Weaknesses

(Elena's POV- Next Day)

I didn't eat. Alex keeps glaring at me. Damon is pushing me. I am not focused. I haven't spoken to anyone but Damon. I am currently in the training room. Damon just had me do two hundred laps around the building. Now he is telling me the plan.

"I want you to weaken him as fast a possible. He tends to work slower when that happens. Tire him out quickly. He won't react fast. Get him to the ground as fast a possible. Try to refrain from contact. Keep your distance. He will take any shot at you that doesn't need magic if he gets the chance. I will have you know drowning is an option. Use it when ever you think it's needed." He advises me.

"Weakness?" I ask.

"Not having the advantage, his right hand, not being on his feet, and Water Swords." He said.

"Strengths?" I ask.

"Left hand, height, weight, and Water Birds." He said.

"I can work with that." I said.

"Try to hurt his left hand. He will be forced to use his right. Then you will have a great advantage." He said.

"Got it." I said.

"Do you?" He questioned.

"What?" I asked.

"Your dying inside Elena. What did you do?" He said/asked.

"Nothing. I-I di-did nothing." I stuttered.

"You and Alex have been off lately. One of you did something." He said.

"I said we should say away from each other last night." I said in a low tone.

"Why would you do that?" He asked.

"Because we are suppose to be enemies and we both know we will break if we have to hurt each other. It's for the best." I said tears in my eyes.

"I know that was hard for you." He said.

"How do you know?" I whispered.

"The same thing happened to me. I had to. I had this partner. Her name was Elizabeth. She was an amazing person. We were together. Then there was this battle we had to do. Like the one your doing for the same reason. I told her what you told Alex and she got mad. The day of the fight she had completely turn into something evil. So it didn't hurt me as much to take her down. I won overall. She was taken away from me. Powerless. I went to visit her before I had to leave. She live here, in Lestar. Her family said she had been taken away. They took her memory away. No memory of her family, anyone here, this world, magic..... but them he said me. And I felt lost. So I threw myself into my work. I still try so hard to forget her. I question if it was the right choice to let her go. But I know I wouldn't be here if I didn't." He told me tears falling down his face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I am too." He said looking off into the distance.

(Alex's POV- After Elena's Meeting)

Elena's meeting with Damon is now over so it's my turn. I walk into the room and to a table Damon is siting at. He had red rimmed eyes. Something happened.

"Ok. Elena. What's the plan?" I said/asked.

"She is fast. She is quick. Smart on her feet. Stealthy. Small. Powerful. Don't underestimate her. She will fight till the very end. She will try to knock you down. Don't let her do that. Watch her feet. Guilt won't work on her. Not for this." He said.

"Strengthens? What are they?" I asked.

"Her right hand, she is good with her magic, and The Drowning spell." He said.

"And her weaknesses?" I asked.

"Whirlpool, left hand, and hands on fighting." He said.

"That's all?" I asked.

"She's stronger than she looks." He said.

I put my head in my hands in frustration. A tight grip on my hair.

"She did it to protect you." He said. I knew exactly what he meant.

"How do you know?" I snapped.

"She told me. Plus I did the same thing." He said.

"And how did that end up?" I asked.

"I lost her forever. You will always lose a piece of her. No matter what choice you make. There are no winners in this situation. It's hard to forget these type of things." He said in a low voice.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It fine. Have a good nights rest." He said dismissing me.

(Elena's POV- Later That Night)

I am in my room. Going over everything Damon had told me. Everything I need to know to take down Alex. I look to the table in my room. The rose still standing tall and healthy. I get up and walk over to it. I pick it up and walk back over to my bed and sit down. I get lost in thought just looking at its petals. So blue, and bright. Then there was a knock at my door. I put the flower and its vase on my bed side table and say 'come in'. The last person I thought would be there comes into my room.

"What do you want, Alex?" I say bitterly.

"To say sorry for storming out on you. Damon explained why you did what you did." He said.

"Nice. Can you leave now?" I said/asked snappily.

"You kept it." He said smiling.

"I was just about to get rid of it. Don't need forgotten memories hanging around." I said with no emotion.

"Well goodnight, princess." He said mumbling the last part.

That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

I can't wait for this fight to be over with.....