Chapter 25: Caged Rage

"Great, just great!" Skylar yelled. He didn't care what the cameras were recording, he was afraid of what was happening to Sylvia.
"Sush!" whispered Alecia, "We don't want to the camera to see this!"
"Then what do we do?" asked Miranda in a scared tone. "She could be in more pain, or worse!"
"I know she's fine," said Skylar, "She will escape and help us, one way or another."
"I hope you're right," replied Dylan, "Cause I don't wanna wait anymore in a cage! We aren't animals just because it's one of our forms! No animal should be treated like this!"
That gave Alecia an idea. She whispered to Dylan, who was closest. He whispered it to Miranda, who whispered it to Skylar. They had a plan to save themselves and Sylvia. Thing was, was it good enough?
Miranda started crying softly. She was sobbing but not too loudly so that anyone in the building could hear. It grew slowly. Alecia started asking what was wrong. She started complaining that she was in a cage when she was just a girl. Dylan joined in by adding that they were innocent kids in cages, being treated like dead animals. Finally Skylar joined in with that this is how any wild animal or lost child is treated here. All of them started off that they were lost and looking for their home. They didn't mean any harm, they were just wanting to be left to go home. To finish it, they all started softly crying, while adding the occasional snuffle and tear.
When the red light on the camera flashed off, they knew the security that was watching it turned it off to hide the truth from the public. Then the camera turned off completely. They all changed into their sky forms and escaped after turning human and breaking down the door.
They knew Sylvia was taken far away, but they didn't know in which of the many rooms. The search had begun again. They had to stop and hide every once in a while when someone would come in, leave, or pass by. They had lost hope when they met in the central hallway.
"What now?" asked Miranda.
"We can't give up! She is here somewhere! We just have to keep looking!"
"What if she isn't even here?" Dylan started. "What if she was taken somewhere else? Or if she already escaped again, or is dead..."
"Don't say that!" yelled Miranda fiercely. "You know she is ok! I can sense she is still here! And if she did escape, she would come back!"
"I hope your right," said Miranda, "Cause we may have a problem."
Right when they turned around to where Miranda was looking, they saw a man with pitch black eyes and scars all over his face, arms crossed, staring at them with a murderous glare.