Part III: The Start of It All

You may be wondering how my group met each other. I didn't give much detail on it, it was kind of vague. Well, I can give more detail. I only know what happened from my view. Everyone else has their own story yet to be told.
I don't remember much about where I lived before I discovered my powers. I know that I was at home, with my mom and dad, who I don't remember. They wanted to show me something special. We got in the car and they drove through the city. I don't know if the city is the same as the one that we live by now, but I know it was a city. We drove for a while. I was so curious, being only 10, to see what it was.
"Are you excited, honey?" asked Mom. At least, that's what I think she said. I don't remember all the exact words, but I remember a lot.
"It should be fun!" replied Dad. He was always encouraging me and making everything fun, while my mom was sweet, kind, and protective.
I nodded my head. I wasn't really listening to the conversation. I was listening to the music playing. I sadly forgot the song, but I loved it. Also, I was excited for the surprise. I had no idea what to expect. And I didn't expect what came next.
We were on the road away from the city now, alone. Trees lined the road and birds filled the sky. It seemed harmless, but I had no idea, being so little. Out of nowhere, a tree fell in our path. Dad slammed on the brakes and the car skidded to a halt right by the tree. I was now panicking.
"It's ok, honey, it's ok," said Mom calmly. "Nothing to worry about. We can just drive around it.
We started backing up, then again out of nowhere, another tree fell behind the car. We almost hit it. Now I was about to pass out. I was guessing my face was pale, because my mom put her hand on my knee, whispering calm words. She was trying to comfort me, but it didn't work. I was scared of the falling trees and my family's safety here. We didn't have much other place to go. The car was between two trees and the road was lined with even more trees.
Mom unbuckled her seatbelt and got out. Dad followed shortly. They started talking. I heard them talking in a serious tone. I forgot the words, but I remember hearing them and getting even more scared. I remember hearing "trapped" and "dark woods," which didn't help.
My mom came to the back door and opened it, unbuckled my seatbelt, and let me out. I got out and looked around in fear. "Come with me, Sylvia," she said. We went to my dad. He looked like he was talking about climbing over the tree and walking the last mile or two. We started walking towards the tree, and then the most unexpected and perilous thing happened.
A third and final tree fell down, right on top of all 3 of us.