Chapter 1: The Mountains

I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't I couldn't I couldn't. I was at the top of one of the tallest mountains in the area, and all I saw were miles and miles of forest and sky. I looked down and saw the same trees stretch far and high, as if they wanted to catch me. Well, trees trying to catch you can HURT! I did it once, and I absolutely hated it. I just didn't know what to do anymore. So I did the one thing I always do when I'm up high. I jumped.
Now, you think I would have either have died or got hurt from the trees again. Nope, not this time. I finally remembered what I wanted to do while falling. One of the best parts of being out here is being free and safe. So, being alone and falling through the sky was fun. To add to the excitement, I did one of my favorite things, changed into a hawk. There's my secret, shape shifting into 3 different forms. More on that later, if I survive.
I turned my wings to catch an air current and soar high above the forest. It was great feeling the wind all over my body as I flew through the sky with no worries. Then things got interesting, again. A cardinal joined by my side. Later, a raven, then an eagle, and finally a parrot. It was my group. We all shared the same ability. Just the five of us, together surviving in the wild far from the cities and normal people. It was great, doing this all day, as well as other activities, that I shall explain later. It was a dream life to live, until that day...